Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New exhaust now its blowing smoke.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Banned
Default RE: New exhaust now its blowing smoke.

ahahahahahahaitslike... "aaawwwh **** im ****ed... might as well just kill myself"

Old 12-05-2007, 05:07 PM

It is not because you have no cat, I took out my cat and replaced it with a test pipe on my gto. And all it did was lower the resistance, and make it sound deeper. No smoke, just smells pure.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:12 PM

I'm betting it is due to sitting. You may be leaking oil internally, and now it has to burn it out. Do you have to add oil to your engine, and if you do, then you are burning oil If your oil stays level, then you just need to drive it out. However be careful, lift your radiator cap, and makesure there is no oil in your coolant. just make sure to do it when the engine is cold so you don't get hurt. If there is oil in your radiator. You have blown a head gasket, in which case don't drive it until you can change the gasket. You can/will warp your block, everythign else internally in the engine. But being as this just started from changing out your exhaust, I would guess that isn't it. But being as no car is ever supposed to smoke for any reason. Better safe than sorry.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned

No moron. The reason was already posted.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 5star

Im not sure the color of the smoke but im for sure the smoke was coming from inside the pipes it wasnt burning on the out side. It was the first time i started it in a month so I dont know if their was oil on the valves or not. To me it smelled like oil burning my mom thought it smelt like rubber to her.It was hard to start to and wouldnt run with out me pushing the pedal down a lil bit till it warmed up.

If its rich it will be blowing black smoke right?
It will burn from the inside that is what I was talking about. TRUST ME lol. Like I said I have done new exhaust on a few cars all of which smoke for a few days

Old 12-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Well I'll no for sure next time I run it. If it smokes for more than a couple mins then ill no its the exhaust. If its smokes only the first few mins after start up ill no its my valve guids.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

You will KNOW

Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 PM

I'm running a full 3 inch turbo back Apexi N1 system and I think mine runs a little rich..It smells a little and there is a little carbon build up at the end of my muffler...I'm gonna add some more **** to the motor and then go have it professionally tuned at Buschur Racing in Ohio hopefully.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Banned

Dude come on lol. Mike already said what the cause is.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:22 PM

Well Sebbz I think you missed a lil sumthin that I was not sure of[8D]...I was saying with mine, if it is running rich should there be a little carbon build up at the exit of the muffler? I also run 93 octane in my Eclipse GS-T, does that have a little to do with it as well?

Quick Reply: New exhaust now its blowing smoke.