Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Default New intake!!!

Check out my new intake. WooT! can't wait till it gets here to install it!
The company is Bomz, i believe. got it on EBay. Yay Ebay! haha

i'm assuming it's not hard to install. anyone have any tips to make it easier?

Old 02-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New intake!!!

Its as easy as can be, remove what is there, replace with new intake, put all the hoses back on. Thats about it.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:59 PM

sweet. i wasn't sure if there was something that someone knew about to make the job that much easier. With my old honda I wish i had talked to someone before i started to put my cold air intake in. a 1 hour job took me 2.5. grrr

I'm excited though. I heard on the forums (forgot who said it) that the intake will make my spooling and BOV sound louder

Old 02-24-2006, 09:45 PM

yes both will be much louder. and the intake is a 15 minute job it is extremely easy. I mean NESpeed made my intake and it only took about an hour to make it and put it on.

that includes adding in the spot for the BOV dump tube. So my intake brand is the best of the best NewEngland Speed lol

Old 02-24-2006, 09:49 PM

sweet.

Man, when are you guys gonna open shop? Need to start ordering stuff from you if its going to be the best of the best.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:49 PM

Ya i want to window shop!!!!

Old 02-28-2006, 02:32 AM

Here's the new intake installed. I have to get new screws for the new filter. the one i've got right now is an aftermarket K&N, which i'd keep but it's really dirty and it needs to be cleaned, so until i feel like cleaning it the new one's got to go on. However, the K&N has shorter screws that actually screw into the filter base, the one i bought over Ebay needs both screws and nuts to hold it on. garg, oh well.

here it is installed:

Old 02-28-2006, 01:48 PM

is that an AEM filter?? does it have the metal mesh wrapped around it or no?

Old 02-28-2006, 06:56 PM

nice and clean, how much did you pick that up for?

Old 03-01-2006, 04:45 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

is that an AEM filter?? does it have the metal mesh wrapped around it or no?
Actually it's a K&N filter. Man i'm so bumming right now. The K&N is really dirty and my car's getting crappy *** gas milage because of it. To fix that I put on the filter they gave me. Now i have crappy turbo lag again! With the K&N, New intake, WasteGate Selenoid Thingy Removal i had veeery little turbo lag. So now I must choose. Turbo Lag or Gas Milage. Maybe I'll just go out and buy a new K&N. I know they can be cleaned, but how well does that work? How do you clean them?

and to answer your question about how much it cost Slow, it was 72 after shipping on Ebay. It's the cheap Bombz Racing one. I'm kinda poor right now, couldn't spend over 100. But it does it's job.

Quick Reply: New intake!!!