Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

OBX Vortex Power Flow

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Default OBX Vortex Power Flow

So i had orderd a throttlebody spacer for my 420a a couple weeks ago. Just recieved item. On the back of the box its stating that this gives 20hp. Now i dont belive all that... Yea its gonna help provide more airflow into my manifold. But 20hp?? Come on. Im thinking more like 5.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: OBX Vortex Power Flow

im thinking more like ZERO. They are prettymuch pointless.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

Dude, OBX is a freakin eBay brand, why would you put that **** on your car?

Old 05-30-2008, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Dude, OBX is a freakin eBay brand, why would you put that **** on your car?

http://www.obxracingsports.com/

Old 05-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Check eBay, thats where most of their business comes from. They have the worst quality products around. Why do you think they are so cheap?

Old 05-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Honda specialty

Old 05-30-2008, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Scubba.steve

So i had orderd a throttlebody spacer for my 420a a couple weeks ago. Just recieved item. On the back of the box its stating that this gives 20hp. Now i dont belive all that... Yea its gonna help provide more airflow into my manifold. But 20hp?? Come on. Im thinking more like 5.
keep in mind that an item that small wont do much no matter what, their 20hp gain was yea maybe with that product in use, alone with a FULL tune and i'm sure some other little tweeks

so yea 20HP on a full tune and lots of time

but just install and go....youll be lucky to get 2-5hp...(which you cannot even tell)

Old 05-31-2008, 11:27 PM

Well i installled the spacer today. Makes a whistling sound like a turbo spooling up when you 1st press on the accelerator. I did feel a little bit more power and quicker throttle response out of this(not much, but was felt) Only problem was the throttle cable was not long enough to make room for this spacer,Butterfly was open a little reving at 2k.Not bad, little modding to the cable bracket and it closes and idles back at 800. I would reccomend this to anyone who is trying to squeeze every ounce out of their 420a. Also Aftermarket Intake manifold, and Bored out throttlebody would be the best your going to get air passing through your valves. Keep in mind you cant do much to these 420a's and gain much. But every little bit helpsand please 4g63 guys quit picklin on me. Not everyone can afford a gsx or gs-t

Old 06-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

im not picking on you. Im just being realistic. I am willing to bet that if you had a dyno of before and after a spacer, you would see absolutely no gain

Old 06-02-2008, 12:02 PM

no gain what so ever with a spacer. its in your head more than anything you know why I say that? because in the supra I put full exhuast on my boost went up 3 psi and it 'feels' the same but before this I raced a friends vette and would lose like half a car after I race and win by like a full car if not more if we kept on it. but I felt no difference the race prooved otherwise. and at most a spacer will add like 1 to 5 hp if your even lucky. where a 3 psi gain your looking at close to 20-30 whp gain

not making fun either just saying

Quick Reply: OBX Vortex Power Flow