Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

put on a new cold air intake what do i do with the MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Default RE: put on a new cold air intake what do i do with the MAF?

how do i incorperate my maf into my new system? any hints or sugestions?

Old 06-04-2006, 02:59 AM

wow... my car had NOTHING like that in my air intake when I removed it (the stock one).. maybe mine is different?? ...

Old 06-04-2006, 01:27 PM

yeah, the 2.0's didnt come with that big *** MAFS... that's why you didn't have one to remove

Old 06-04-2006, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: micahman

how do i incorperate my maf into my new system? any hints or sugestions?

Well if you looked through the other threads:

{ Yeah... I had trouble with that as well. What you can do if you dont go with AEM is go with K&N.. and they sell an adapter that fits on the turbo models and hooks up right at the MAFS on the 2.4L as well. its like 100bucks..

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=57-5504-1

or get the same type of adapter off ebay, and buy a good filter which might be cheaper... }

{ http://4g64.150m.com/performance.html }

Old 06-04-2006, 09:23 PM

i think im gonna buy a k&n filter to go onto my whole afm assembly and use the new pipe i got. do you think that the pipe will increase any power or gas milage cause its smooth inside instead of that gay rubber thing they had on there?
also i was wondering if a custom piece of metal like a turbonator kinda thing would help the fuel milage if the air is projected through the pipe like a wind tunnel or a tornado affect?

Old 06-05-2006, 12:25 AM

ok guys i have a new problem. i took off my new short ram induction and hooked the afm and the old air box back up and the car runs with a missfire for maybe 20 seconds then just dies. i then disconected the afm eletrical plug and then it will run again. what do i do to get my afm to work again on the car? i have already tried disconecting the batery and running the car with out it then pluging it back in. i need help

Old 04-01-2007, 02:02 AM

ALRIGHT BUD HERES WHAT I DID WHEN MY AMF WENT OUT, I TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP THEY CHARGED ME ABOUT 250 BUT THEY FIXED EVERYTHING AND EVEN WASHED MY CAR, WOOOO WEEEEEE!!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 02:08 AM

Thank you for searching Damek, but this was last years thread, lol. Don't be discouraged though, the board is glad that you did search. One thing though, don't use caps except at the beginning of a sentence or a few words, but not the entire paragraph

Old 04-01-2007, 02:47 AM

Yeah nice use of the search tool but try not to resurrect year old threads...lol

Old 08-31-2007, 11:57 PM

1.5Liter mirage...upgrading. accelration. what do u guys think of putting in headers , an what about oxigen sensors that can affect the check engine light for the state inspection?

Quick Reply: put on a new cold air intake what do i do with the MAF?