Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

dash/interior kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Default dash/interior kits

Does anyone know if the dash kit that nopi.com sells looks nice and worth buying? I want to accent my interior red. I was to do some of the dash my doors and my seats along with neon lights? If the one from nopi isnt good does anyone know of any good places or sites to get one?

Old 09-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Default RE: dash/interior kits

Which kit, the chrome, aluminum, or carbon fiber kit? I think the brushed aluminum kits look nice, kind of a raw racy look. The chrome kit is....shinny.... The carbon fiber looks cool too, but i prefer the brushed aluminum.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:39 PM

Thanks sypergs. I was thinking about doing the solid colors and getting red.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:07 PM

Solid colors, cool. Did you check out danigirls pics? Her's is solid yellow and looks pretty nice. But she painted her's i think... anyways, check it out here.

Old 10-01-2004, 05:26 PM

how much of the interior can you paint? cause Im very tired of my black dash top and tan everything else... I have a CF trim kit and want to accent with Orange. also, what do I do about door panals? where do you go to A. get new ones, B. remove the leather and paint???? Im lost on this one

Old 12-02-2004, 09:06 PM

Well you can get spray on dye for interior parts, 50resto.com has it, only place I can think of off the top of my head but those aren't gonna be bright colors or anything. I was glad to see that danigirls didn't paint the vents, lol. That was a fad a few years back when I was in high school and I just used to shake my head at people cuase it always looked horrible.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 PM

I found some white faced overlays for the hvac controls on ebay for like $15 bucks, figured I'd let you guys know.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:58 PM

yea you can go to www.alloverlays.com they have overlays for all kinds of different cars. its a really cool accent to any ride/.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:51 PM

Hey all you crazy people...wud up? I just want to say that I bought a carbon fiber dash kit for my car, and I felt that I wasted a lot of money by buying it. I do not like that the carbon fiber is simulated. It looks like it is in the format of digital blocks instead having the real carbon fiber criss-cross pattern. I work on the V-22 osprey and I know Airframers who have to make custom carbon fiber panels all the time for this aircraft. I LOVE carbon fiber and I hate that they paint the aircraft, but it has to be done due to camoflauge reasons...
back to what I was talking about...I thought it looked like crap...so I took it back off. But the bad thing is that the adhesive bonded the trim and the dash kit by melting them together and this forced me to sand all the trim down. So I painted it with the spray paint with texture and then put some coats of black with a couple coats of clear coat after that. I am happy with the new results WITHOUT the dash kit. Go to my cardomain page in the signature box and check out page 3 to see the extensive work that I have done to get to my center gauges. Also page 3 shows the difference of the stock door panels vs. what I have done with them. Hopefully you like them. If you have any suggestions that you can give me...I am very open minded and want some good ideas to go along with what I have.

Old 01-16-2005, 03:39 PM

Nice lookin 3k. That overlay sight looks nice, out of the other ones I agree on the brushed aluminum, I always have liked that look.

Quick Reply: dash/interior kits