Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Default interior lights

My interior lights on my eclipse are orange and I just dont like it. Is there any way to change the color??

Old 10-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Default RE: interior lights

not exactly sure what you mean... dash? or like your over head and stuff? just get new bulbs. I don't know why they would be orange.. usually all interior lights are white unless you change them. and if its the ones on your dash, get a reverse glow/indiglow gauge set

Old 10-06-2004, 11:13 PM

The lights are the ones in the dash and under the dash. The ones under the dash come on when I open my door. The ones in the dash that I am talking about are my guages which I know I can change those ones. The ones I want to change are the ones that I want to know if I can change are the ones that light up the A/C button, the **** to adjust the A/C or the heat ect. I am also pretty sure I can change to ones under the dash pretty easly too. Thanks for your reply and I hope this cleared up my question a little more.

Old 10-17-2004, 02:33 PM

oh, yeah, you can get HVAC overlays in white and blue.. not sure about other colors.. but yeah, check out ebay, and interior, HVAC or gauges.. you can get clear ***** and stuff too so they light up.. its actually pretty cool. adds a lot to the interior

Old 12-02-2004, 09:02 PM

I've seen red glow gauges which I thought were kinda neat. I'll have to check out the hvac stuff, that does sound cool.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:18 AM

I changed my HVAC controls and my ring around the ignitions and the cigarette lighter to change to blue. It is a very simple process if you can solder. You can get the LED and capacitators at Radio shack.I'll see if i can get a part # for you.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:25 PM

Someone told me that the orange color came from a rubber thing around the bulb. Is that actually true? Could you just pull that off then and put on a replacement color? Kind of like condoms for light bulbs, ha ha ha.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:54 PM

well the 2g's do, but thats just on the floor lights. The car in your pic is a 3g, i have no clue about these cars. Im sure that it it the same you jsut pullthe bulb out and replace it with another at like practically any store walmart, autozone. And you can jstu take the the bulb into the store with you and find a matching one of different color, you could jsut buy the bulb sleve or "condom" but i think that the color look alot better if you get a color bulb. Hope that helps

Old 01-04-2005, 02:54 PM

I've seen sets of common sized colored bulbs at some parts stores so you can replace things like dome lights and whatnot with different colors.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:39 AM

If you go to say Optix or Street Glow or something like that, you'll be able to plug in your vehicle and then they'll have all the lights listed that you can possibly change with a part number. Either order it from them or take the part number and shop around. If you have no luck with some of the lights you can just disconnect them and wire in new LEDs in place, obviosly not the best solution but I've seen it done.

Quick Reply: interior lights