Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Interior painting not too ricy

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Default RE: Interior painting not too ricy

WHY?!

Old 02-28-2008, 01:48 AM

One Word - RICER!!!!!

"DSM tuners are a strange sort...They dont like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors... DSM tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhuast gases, and wastegates. Their cars arent pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway. In other words, DSM tuners write checks their cars can cash... Mention the word "chrome" and they might drop a boot to your skull"

Old 03-11-2008, 12:37 AM

lol that is a great quote.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:29 AM

do you have any pictures of the car with it all installed?

Old 04-09-2008, 12:52 AM

it is always good to remember that you should accent the interior of your car, not make it clash. if you are going to do something like this, i would suggest finding a junk car and tear out the dash and put in back into your car. then while you are messing with your old dash or pieces, your car does not look like crap. then if you dont think that your painted pieces will look good, just trash them. no one will buy them.

one more thing, go into ms paint and and color gray and another color to try and match a good color. that will make your car pop a lot more than gray and white. if you dont like any color, dont do it or rip out the gray. black always works

[IMG]local://upfiles/16233/4C16C4F585044B50B6EC6A44E404E2BF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 AM

why wouldnt he just use the junk yard dash and fix that up? instead of installing it in ur car, then pulling it back out to install the original one? that's a lot of stupid work

Old 04-09-2008, 12:51 PM

he already started to paint the pieces of his orginal. im just saying after he hates how it looks he will still have stock pieces to put back in his dash.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:25 AM

This thread is 2 months old.... and yea ifi wanted stock piece's i wouldnt have painted what i did.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:32 PM

true... plus for those pieces he actually did... he doesnt need to take the dash off at all

Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM

Before I was modding cars I was modding PCs and learned one vital tip (write this down if you're planning on painting your interior or PC):

Adobe Photoshop

Take a photo of your dashboard, scan it (or download it), then go crazy with lasso and paintbrushes or the "colorize" pallet.

Then you can see an approximation of what it's going to look like, you've wasted an hour but not a part. Then print out the picture, stick it on your refrigerator for a week so you'll see it every day. Soon you'll realize your original idea looks terrible and you'll decide a better and completely different approach to your mod. Repeat the above process until you no longer cringe when you get milk for your Rice Krispies.

Quick Reply: Interior painting not too ricy