Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Default opinions?

so i have a 99 eclipse gst with a tan leather interior...i always liked that its sporty on the outside and the tan leather always makes me think luxery, so what would you guys think about some wood grain trim and a wooden shifter, just looking for some opinions cuz i am not fond of carbon fiber and sparco seats and stuff like that, and i don't know of anyone else who has done that

Old 12-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Default RE: opinions?

I saw an Eclipse the other day with a wood grain trim kit with tan interior. My personal opinion...not thtat big of a fan of it plus i didnt think it looked good. Im into the carbon fiber look. Plus Eclipse's arent made for the whole wood grain thing. Thats Caddys and Lincolns. My personal opinion tho

Old 12-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Im not really a fan of the wood grain interior either. I like just the stock look. IMO carbon fiber isnt good either. But i guess if you did small parts with it, it might not be all that bad. But i say keep it very simple.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:49 PM

yea iwas gonna just do a few accents, not a whole trim kit

Old 12-11-2006, 07:29 PM

Tan interior and wood trim would look sick IF:

1. the wood was real
2. it wasn't so much that I would laugh at you and call you "Woody".

Here is the first thing you should buy for it, no questions asked... because they're sweet:

Nardi wood steering wheel

good luck.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Banned

what the ****?

Old 12-11-2006, 09:41 PM

That steering wheel looks like its a steering wheel from the 60s

Old 12-11-2006, 11:12 PM

i wouldnt do wood grain cause it looks cheap but i guess like with any thing else if its done right it might look ok but i have yet to see wood grain that looked good on any car.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:50 AM

I am not saying the kid would do it right, but done right, wood grain would look sick. (e.g. esclade, cars that are like 50 times what you kidz dsms cost, you know).

And yea, the nardi wheel I posted is out of a lambo, you know, the car you kidz are trying to mimic when you throw sorry *** hinges on your doors and then they grind against your car and never close right?

Nardi is the sickness, hence the reason there are some Nardi wheels on ebay for like 3k, in other words, worth more than most dsms.

It's early and I feel like bein a jerk, what?

Old 12-12-2006, 11:15 AM

Well it was just my opinion about the steering wheel. Im not tryin to mimic any lamborghini, there one of the baddest cars out there. You can be a jerk all you want but its not gonna change peoples opinions. Wood grain isnt meant to be in imports

Quick Reply: opinions?