Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

Air/Fuel gauge help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Default Air/Fuel gauge help

I have just recently put an air/fuel gauge in my Lancer ralliart. Its a digital one i am not sure is they make a mechanical one but anyway does anyone know what color lead i need to attach it to. I know it has to be the high Volt wire. I also know that this o2 sencer is heated to its 4 wires. Theres black ground and i think the white wire is postive but theres an blue and one other i am not sure which wire it is does anyone know? Or point me in the right direction

Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Default RE: Air/Fuel gauge help

Usually in automobile wiring. Black is ground and Red is hot. White, blue, green etc are usually acc wires. Sorry i've never hooked up a narrowband mines a wideband and it had 4 leads red ( hot ) black ( ground ) were the only ones I needed for it to function the other two wires were optional acc wires for AEMEMS.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Default RE: Air/Fuel gauge help

http://egauges.com/pdf/AutoMeter/837j.pdf

Here hope this helps. What kind of gauge do you have so we can figure out what the white wire is.

How I would hook it up is just run your red wire to a 10 amp fuse in your in dash fuse box its easily removed and you don't have to hack into your stock wiring harnessmake sure youuse it on a fuse thats connected to the ACC line that way it doesn't stay on and you kill your battery( Gauges fuse is a good one )wrap the wire around a tip of it and plug it in then ground the black wire to a bolt on the chassis ( it helps if you have a connecter instead of just doing the bare wire ) then the signal wire ( in this picture is violet but yours is blue) should be wired intothe blue wire coming off youro2 sensor you have a black covering on your o2 sensor and you should be able to slide it back and just splice it in. I'm going to guess that the white wire is your 0-5 volt and should be wired into the white wire coming off the o2 sensor BUT don't hold me to that double check on that one.