Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

Alt. Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Default Alt. Wiring

Trying to clean up a mess on a 93 Eclipse. It has the 1.8 L. and a 5-speed manual if it matters. I guess the car would die fairly quickly after the lights were turned on. My ex-wife, (its her car) was told she had a bad alternator. Instead of having it tested a friend of hers tried to "McGiver" an alternator from some other vehical in and cut the factory wires and plug off. Surprise, it didn't work. This is where I come in trying to put things back to normal. Oh, the orginial alternator tested ok. Here's what I've got: The obvious is that the large gage Yellow and the Black W/ White wires splice back on to the plug. And the 2 large White wires running into a single ring connector mount to the upper stud on the alternator. Now here where I'm not sure, Along with the 2 wires that run to the plug there is a smaller gage Yellow wire that is currently mounted to a second stud on the alternator just below the 2 White wires. And there is a 3rd small gageYellow wire along with a Greenish wire that run to a couple of sensors mounted below the alternator. Are these connections correct? Also the fuse box located on the right front wheel well had the 80 Amp fuse in its upper right corner marked ALT. ALT. blown and since replaced. The car will start when jumped but will still die when lights are turned on, however the fuse is holding. Any thoughts?