Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

need new wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Default need new wires

ok.. so.. i have a 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE. not the greatest car, but i enjoy it.. anyways. a couple of weeks ago i had some radio problems.. i eventually fixed it but in the process found something incredibly stupid.. who ever worked on the wires going to the back speakers were complete idiots. this is what the wires are currently

original wire/splice/16 gauge wire/splice/16 gauge wire/splice/16 gauge wire/splice/original wire/splice/original wire/into speaker

the 16 gauge wire are about 1 inch long each.

now what i would love to do, is replace this entire screwed up set up they got going here, with out wondering what drugs they were on.. problem is, the original wire is allot thinner then th 16 gauge wire.. but the original wire, i cant find its gauge anywhere.. does anyone know how i can get ahold of this information? i have everything i need to fix this so there is only 1 splice in the wire.. but i need to find the gauge of the original wire, so i can get the right wire for it.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by dragonreaper
ok.. so.. i have a 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE. not the greatest car, but i enjoy it.. anyways. a couple of weeks ago i had some radio problems.. i eventually fixed it but in the process found something incredibly stupid.. who ever worked on the wires going to the back speakers were complete idiots. this is what the wires are currently

original wire/splice/16 gauge wire/splice/16 gauge wire/splice/16 gauge wire/splice/original wire/splice/original wire/into speaker

the 16 gauge wire are about 1 inch long each.

now what i would love to do, is replace this entire screwed up set up they got going here, with out wondering what drugs they were on.. problem is, the original wire is allot thinner then th 16 gauge wire.. but the original wire, i cant find its gauge anywhere.. does anyone know how i can get ahold of this information? i have everything i need to fix this so there is only 1 splice in the wire.. but i need to find the gauge of the original wire, so i can get the right wire for it.
Junk yard...?
If it comes down to it you might have to rewire new wires if you want that clean 1 wire uncut look.Which many people do...