Internal Lounge Chat about beefing up your insides here.

Just a brag

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Default Just a brag

I own a '97 Lancer MR, and I have personally rebuilt the 1.8L engine myself, I can produce engineers certificates so its all legal.
I moulded, bored and polished the parts myself.
90% of the engine is now solid titanium and the rest is carbon billet steel. It's fully balanced, and a hell of a lot lighter. It took about 8 months!

Now down to details,
4x1000cc injectors
bored to 2.0L
titanium NA intake running through a custom twin-turbo, top mount water to air intercooler
super high flow intake manifold
custom high response throttle body
Stage 3 carbon cams
hidden twin pipe solid titanium 3" cat back exhaust with silencers
WAVE aluminium radiator
steel braided silicon hoses
Had a bit of trouble fine tuning the fuel rail but got it going
2x660cc fuel pumps
titanium heat-wrapped 4 to 2 headers
0.8mm copper head gasket
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
Top Gun 8mm high flow ignition leads
Dual spark ignition coil
one piece carbon driveshaft
carbon flywheel
titanium front axle
custom 6 speed heavy duty gearbox
custom mapped Apexi power FC stand alone engine management system
For now the redlines at 9200rpm

That's it so far, im saving for some new silicon tyres. I haven't stuck it on a dyno yet but, the way the stock tyres spin out im guessing theres a little bit of a power increase there.

End of brag

Old 06-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Default RE: Just a brag

LMAO sweet though. wheres the turbo i didnt think they made carbon flywheel. but hell im new to this site and these cars! LOL hell get some kumho or nitto tires those will hold up nice on the dynojet. get that thing up on the dyno i want to see some numbers BTW: have you seen i think it was a 2004 mitsubishi lancer MR i think it was video? the guy put about 20G into the thing to get 600 hp out of a 4-cylinder engine thats damn sweet!!!
heres the video....... hope it works for ya.
brandon

http://srvidz.vidiac.com/player.aspx...F-8BCF61D2EB57

Old 06-25-2005, 10:04 PM

how can it be Naturally Aspirated if you are running twin turbos?

Old 06-26-2005, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Billiard

agree whats up with that? and a 4-cylinder cant handle twin turbos.

brandon

Old 06-27-2005, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: bjsstang05

ORIGINAL: Billiard

agree whats up with that? and a 4-cylinder cant handle twin turbos.

brandon
let me clear this up. a four cylinder engine would benefit more with single turbo rather than a twin turbo set-up. depending on what kind of power you want out of the engine. you can get diffrent size turbo(s) like an HKS or turbosnetics or what have you. i didnt want to be mean or nothing just wanted to be informative about this.

brandon

Old 07-28-2005, 03:08 AM

Sorry been off 4 a bit, in response to Billiard I meant that it is NA but I've got it running through an intercooler rated for a twin-turbo, it cools it down so it can suck more in, which means more power, but it's not big enough to drop the pressure. Plus, I'm not really fussed on the turbos, it takes a lot of tuning to get the response time to match that of an NA.

Just for bjsstang, I've since put 17x8 Enkei Arashi rims on it, with toyo Proxes T1R, R-compound semi-slicks, filled with nitrogen, and a full race-grade wheel alignment. Spiked with a bit of nitro-methane on the dyno it pulled, wait for it, 298KW at 7450rpm and 513Nm at 6100, without boost! But because most of the power is in the weight reduction, it'll have a lot more power moving on the road. And carbon flywheels are a lot lighter and stronger than aluminium or a grinded version.

And 4 those of you who don't know what I mean by the "hidden exhaust", I mean the pipes end halfway under the car instead of out the back, I've salvaged the OEM muffler and bolted it back on to make it look like it's stock. I've also added Top Secret suspension from Japan, they sell a cup kit so you can electronically control the height of the struts, NO HYDRAULICS OR AIRBAGS, and it's fast too! And the bootlid has been remade with carbon fibre and colour-matched to the OEM paint to hide it and lighten the rear to help with cornering. The handling's brilliant!

This time I've almost paid off a full Alpine stereo system, all new state-of-the-art stuff.
DVD headeck
6 1/2" Type-R components at the front
6 1/2" Type-R coaxials at the back
12" Type-S sub
V12 75wX4 main amp
and digital 750w sub amp

Anyway keep the questions coming in I might get some ideas of what to do next!

MAJOR SLEEPER COMING SOON!

Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 AM

You know I am going to wait until I see pictures of this car before I say anything......

Old 07-28-2005, 03:50 AM

Fair enough, I don't actually have a digital camera at the moment but I'll see if I can borrow one from somewhere, outside it looks almost stock, even in the engine bay there's only a few differences. The radiator's been painted black, the cam gears aged, ignition leads painted black, and the rubber OEM intake pipe has been put on over the titanium one, while going for the ultimate sleeper, it's designed not to be defectable, the cops over here are pretty strict when it comes to mods. The only main difference is the heat wrapped headers, and the Redline intake filter pod hanging out. I'll be getting the stereo in a few weeks, so I'll get you pics of that too!

Old 07-28-2005, 06:23 AM

Kind of hard to hide twin turbo's. What kind of turbo's are you using and who made the exhaust mani for it? I would like to see pictures of that. Also where are you from? Reason why I ask is in your first post you say that your have all the certficates to prove everything is legal but then in your last statement here you say that your building a sleeper because cops are strict. If you have documents that prove that there legal why worry about cops? Your also still confusing me about the N/A intake on a intercooler. Please explain in detail how you have your intake set up. Also who makes alot of the parts in your first mod list? Like the... "Stage 3 carbon cams"

Old 07-29-2005, 02:03 AM

twin turbos on a 4 cylinder, fwd car is retarded. do you actually want the tires to spin more?? id want all the lag i can get. with that kinda setup you probly would run like 15.3@130mph. sorry, but it just sounds like crock, id also like to know how you made all that power on the dyno with no boost, and how you even dynoed with no boost because usually people floor it on the dyno, you cant just turb turbos off. thirdly, id like to know how "the increase in power is mostly due to weight reduction". weight reduction can make you faster but itl never give your car more power, especially on a dyno. ready to tell us what you really drive?

Quick Reply: Just a brag