Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mid West (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mid-west-34/)
-   -   Ohio Members (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mid-west-34/ohio-members-13165/)

Lil Evo 09-03-2006 12:41 AM

Ohio Members

How many people on here are from Ohio (go Bucks!)? Just curious, thought it'd be cool to get a group together for a show, cruise in, mountain drive, bbq, something along those lines eventually.

doebereman 09-22-2006 09:23 PM

RE: Ohio Members

Rock on man, where in ohio are you. Eclipse in Dayton.

93eclipsegsx 09-22-2006 11:56 PM

im in cleveland.

Lil Evo 09-23-2006 03:29 AM

I'm in Marysville, bout 30 minutes NW of Columbus.

estraw 10-18-2006 08:17 PM

im in cleveland, about 5 minutes from 93eclipsegsx

N/Teclipse 10-18-2006 08:33 PM

Representing the nasty Nati lol.

Lil Evo 10-18-2006 09:06 PM

^^^say what?

N/Teclipse 10-19-2006 06:07 PM

Cincinnati, lol you have never heard that before?

Lil Evo 10-19-2006 11:39 PM

lol, for some reason i just didn't connect "nati" and "Cincinnati".......don't know why. Call it an uber brain fart (cuz the Reds rock!)

metalmmaniac 12-01-2006 06:03 PM

I'm in Dover...99 eclipse gst...GO BUCKS!

echostats 12-04-2006 02:28 PM

I'm in Canton/ Massillon area. WORD

93eclipsegsx 12-04-2006 03:48 PM

how far away from cleveland?

echostats 12-06-2006 01:11 AM

I am 30-45min from Cleveland.

echostats 12-06-2006 01:12 AM

We should all meet up this Spring. I'm game.

Lil Evo 12-06-2006 02:04 PM

I'm up for a lil get together. You wanna keep it strictly Ohio cars or should we make this a Mid-West meet?

GSXPimp 12-11-2006 10:08 PM

i live in Michigan....there is like no cool get togethers up here.......really not at all!

93eclipsegsx 12-12-2006 07:01 PM

we could try and get as many cars as we could, my car should be running by then

echostats 12-13-2006 01:48 AM

I saw all cars and midwest. If it's a huge dsm turnout we can make it more dsm geared but who cares. I say we think about setting up a midwest meet this spring for sure.

N/Teclipse 12-13-2006 04:46 PM

Sounds sweet to me, I haven't been to a decent car show in a long ass time.

Lil Evo 12-15-2006 12:14 AM

ORIGINAL: GSXPimp

i live in Michigan....there is like no cool get togethers up here.......really not at all!
Lol, I think we could extend the invitation to those in Michigan, but be warned: Show up wearing yellow and blue, you will leave with your head shaved and your car re-painted....just so's ya know ;)

So we're all down for a meet, a few things to nial down here:

-You all want to shoot for a Saturday in late March or early April?

-Whatcha all want to do? SCCA? Drag? Car show? Magic Mountain :D lol?

-Do we want to limit this to just Mitsubishi's, or do we extend out to other makes so club members/friends who are not graced with the Triple Diamonds can attend?

echostats 12-16-2006 12:37 PM

Lil evo,

Saturday in late march/april sounds great. I don't know what we should do, but we have plenty of time to plan it and actually make it pretty sick.

We should definitely let any other cars can come. I got a buddy with a 300zx. He's dropping an rb26 in the beast this winter and I know he would love to come show it off.

We need to get out the exact plans so then we can start inviting people. Who knows, it could be HUGE.

Lil Evo 12-17-2006 02:20 AM

Ok, so it'll be open to all years, makes and models. Import focused, but domestics and exotics (not that I know anybody with an exotic) are welcome as well. That leaves us with an event and a date. I'll do some diggin around, see when tracks start to open back up, when particular SCCA races, shows, etc. are taking place. And if anybody's got ideas, lets hear em!

echostats 12-17-2006 03:42 PM

Sounds awesome. I will keep my eyes and ears open. It should be a good turn out, no matter what we end up doing.

Lil Evo 12-29-2006 10:14 PM

Ok, I think I may have found something. I was doing a little digging around, not much has been advertised yet, but I did come across this;

http://www.ohioswapmeet.com/showcarinfo.htm

Ohio Swap Meet is suposedly the biggest show in Ohio, possibly the mid-west, and there's one comming up May 25-27th. It's not showing exact times yet for the show, but it runs Fri-Sun. It's a little later than what we had talked about, but I think it'd be a pretty good time. I would only suggest going for maybe Friday night and all day Saturday at the most, since most of us will have school, work or both come Monday. What do you all think?

echostats 12-30-2006 04:15 AM

Yea, that sounds sweet. I have nothing against two meets though.

Lil Evo 12-31-2006 01:40 AM

ok, so we'll plan for our big mid-west meet to be at the Ohio Swap Meet in May. We can get together prior to that if you guys would like. lets start making plans if we'll be doing that

Lil Evo 01-07-2007 08:25 PM

Anyone like Auto Cross? I've got a few guys from Miragefuroms.net who want to run some autoX, which we could do prior to the swap meet in May

echostats 01-09-2007 02:37 AM

I realllly wanna run autocross. Never done it before but I plan to start in the summer or whenever I get my car done. AWD 2 the MAX. I would be down lilevo.

Lil Evo 01-12-2007 10:58 AM

i'll check out some of the SCCA stuff and get some dates.

2slow 01-12-2007 03:35 PM

:D hey im 2slow ha ha ha but im from brunswick and im rolling a 98 gst spyder so give me a holla when you guys want to meet up im down i ll even bring a few other tuners to beat up on
you know the honda guys

93eclipsegsx 01-14-2007 08:41 PM

brunswick huh. im in berea

2slow 01-16-2007 04:29 PM

berea huh thats cool ive probably raced you before if you run at 42 or norwalk like i said in my new members post i probably wasnt running a triple diamond then i was a honda guy for a while but w/ my recently aquired beauty i got lucky and got this smoking mitsu my 64 year old step mom has had it since it was new and it hasnt set on a rack any where else but a mitsu dealership i mean this car is clean but im not exactly where to start w/ a mitsu like suspension ,intercooler, upgrade the turbo or what i guess when i get it out in the spring ill find out so having a tuner as close as berea could help out so im sure wel run into each other sooner or later but i want to get the eclispe down to 42 or the walk before i get into dumping cash ive got a few companys that i trust their parts cause ive used and abused them and the held up . but i want to see where zippy (the cars name) stands and what can help her out but. first things first i want to get down the 1/4 mile a few times to blow out some carbon . So ill be out and about all my wonderful v8 killers are hiding under their tarps till this white crap goes away then they will be back out and hunting mustangs again. looking forward to talking to you soon also nelson ledges hosts some parking lot races and there is a track at the honda plant that im pretty sure we could get a hold of but that one isnt cheap it would cost some cheddar . due to the fact its the honda factoy teams practice track but hey its a helluva nice track to get down on but ive only raced my hondas there and that was against a few porches needless to say i got my ass handed to me well peace out

93eclipsegsx 01-16-2007 07:50 PM

well havent raced to much because my car has been down since last march. have you ever been to the lot? or steak and shake?

Lil Evo 02-01-2007 01:46 AM

Ok, i just checked the Ohio SCCA schedule, the first test & tunes are Sunday, April 1st and Monday, April 2nd (don't ask me why they decided to do it on a monday). It'd take some doing, but I might be able to make it to the April 1st event, what say you guys? It's at Cooper Stadium in Columbus, registration is $40 I believe (price has shot up since last I checked)

93eclipsegsx 02-01-2007 07:13 PM

id go even if the car wasnt running.

DBIGGS 02-15-2007 12:37 PM

I'm in columbus

Lil Evo 03-05-2007 12:58 AM

GREAT NEWS!!!! I found a show that's closer than the sprinfield swap (which we can still do if you all want to by the way:D)! Here's the info:

Summer Nights Cruise-in 2007
The Roundtown Cruisers proudly presents Summer Nights Cruise-in 2007
Friday, April 6th.
Time: 6:00-10:00 p.m.
Cost: $5.00
Dash Plaques for the first 200 cars! "No Trophies". Just good times with good people! Plenty of music, and there are Restaurants nearby! So come on out and spend the evening with the Roundtown Cruisers! Contact: Tim Arledge Phone: 740-474-6928

I've got a couple friends that go to school down there, so I'll probably go one way or the other, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else would be up for a Friday night cruise in?

93eclipsegsx 03-05-2007 09:22 PM

do you know how far it would be from berea. 44017

Lil Evo 03-06-2007 01:14 AM

don't know, but i'll see if i can get a map for ya......if i remember right, it's east of columbus, bout an hour from me. i'd guess it's a straight shot down 71 for you, then 270 to 23 east......maybe 2.5hrs, but i'll do some looking around.

93eclipsegsx 03-08-2007 12:31 AM

thanks evo.