Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

'91 3000gt SL 5 spd not starting!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Default '91 3000gt SL 5 spd not starting!

Hello folks, I'm a new member here just now, and it seems I can get all the info to fix my 3kGT. So here's my situation my car is not starting at all Ikept my car in the garaged for about 6 months andbattery cableout because I know it will drain the power of my battery. Now I took my battery to recharge it and try to start my car but it fails me soI realized to check all related components for my ignition system such as, replacing my spark plug, fuel filter, and checked also wire spark plug but still ok, my starter also strong and still in good condition..when I try to start the engine cranking still ok but it's just no fire from my spark plug wires at all I am thinking that my ignition coil assembly or something else that causing not to give any fire.. So I was reading about the same issue that I have right now and trying to get the solution and get my car back on it's feet again.. I really miss my car running, so I'm asking all of your help and greatly appreciated for the response to me...
Btw I have "ECS" lights on for "tour" and "sport" at the same time well it supposed to be one at a time if I press the "ECS" button to which one I want to be on..but I guess it was giving me an error that's why my light are on at the same time due to my other suspension in the front passengerwhen they install my pre-cut spring and take out my suspension become damaged. Andafter all that installation itcausing the light to be on at the same time which is not good and must be repair asap or can damage the "ECU" as I read to this: htttp://www.ecmtogo.com/ECMTips2.htmbut so far I haven't touch it or unplug my ECU to see if it's really damaged or not I'm not really good in car but I know for sure can follow simpleinstructions. Do you guys thinkmy ECU is causing my car not to start also? HELP PLEASE!!! don't know what else to check...Thanks!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 AM

I just had similar starting issue with no spark... I replaced everything plugs wires coils ptu ... n after all that it was my ecu... it take 5 mins to check remove ur carpeted kick panels on console side 3 plugs into the ecu n 3 bolts to pull out... take off the ecu cover n examine the board mine had a xigar size burn in it I kno sumone that cn rebuild it cheap name is eric ryner on 3si.org n goodluck man id also get ur ecs looked at