Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

92 VR-4 Questions =/ help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Default 92 VR-4 Questions =/ help?

So i bought this VR-4 a couple of days ago and i read the manual. However it seems to have Tour Sport always on,both of them at once. Are they both suppose to be on? That and when i press the active exhaust button i can press it to Tour however when i press it back i can't seem to press in sport unless once you turn off Tour, Sport is auto turned on. When i go to press ECS nothing happens,nothing lights up or anything. The car runs great just the fact it has a clicking noise coming from engine when i heard was normal.

I was hoping Someone could give me the names of the Turbos(stock) that are on this car because i do not think they are both working,when i push half throttle it runs up to like 11 PSI and when im full throttle same thing 11psi. I was unsure if thats normal but im having it looked at by my mechanic tomorrow thing is tho i just need to know the specs so i can give it to him. Specs meaning like do both Turbo's work at same time or does one kick in at low rpm then the other at high type deals.

The last Thread i posted was an idiotic question and my blood sugar was low lol So sorry about that and i do not know how to delete it. Anyways any help would be much appreciated.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:49 AM

Your tour/sport always being on is due to a very common problem in the 3S's it's actually just your cars way of telling you it's broke. *I am assuming your Sport light is blinking.* This is why your ECS button is doing nothing.. if it were working correctly the blinking Sport light would not be blinking.

Clicking from the engine is pretty normal if you ask me.. i have owned a few mitsubishi's and know plenty of people with mitsu cars and engine tick is a common thing.. apparently there is a solution available at 3SX - They sell Lash Adjusters / Hydraulic Lifters that they claim will make that infamous "Timebomb sound" disappear.

i know nothing of turbo's though maybe someone else can help u with that.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 AM

Thanks for the respond! However my Sport mode isn't flashing. Just the small light on the lower left hand side saying Tour/Sport. Anyways fun car to drive,wish it had the power like my Vette but that may because again the Turbo. I have looked into it and my Wastegate was getting stuck at higher RPM's(stuck shut)

Old 09-29-2009, 01:57 PM

Stock turbo's don't usually hold boost past 12 psi to redline. I've heard people quote numbers closer to 9 psi at redline for first gen's. You know there are two separate lights, one for the exhaust and one for the suspension, right? Check your guage pod in your owner's manual for clarification.