Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi 3000GT (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-3000gt-12/)
-   -   Buy upgraded shortblock engine with forged pistons etc. (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-3000gt-12/buy-upgraded-shortblock-engine-forged-pistons-etc-24211/)

max3 12-24-2007 12:53 AM

RE: Buy upgraded shortblock engine with forged pistons etc.

Can you explain to me what you mean by tuning , do you mean as the tuningengines as computerwise, or gear ratios or what?

When i get that engine i will install it , with help from myone of my dads cousins who has a auto- shop . He could probaly tune it for mecus im thinking he knows how if he has the equipment.

Thanks

Sebba 12-24-2007 08:30 AM

This is not something your average shop can do. I was talking about a/f ratio tuning. Any old retard can make a base tune, or even a decent tune. Take the AMS EVO for instance, tuning was the difference between 600awhp, and 1000awhp.

If you want over 650awhp you are going to need a single turbo. Simple as that.

What are your exact goals, and budget?

thestealth 12-27-2007 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

What makes you say this?

Sebba 12-27-2007 03:43 PM

I have seen all the TT setups available, and in order to make any more power, you need to have every single, tiny little supporting mod, and a good tune to make more than that.

thestealth 12-27-2007 04:53 PM

Oh yeah...tell me about these single turbo setups that you speak of. There is only one "kit" available, all the others are custom one-off setups.

Sebba 12-27-2007 06:52 PM

Never said there was just a kit you could go out and buy

thestealth 12-27-2007 10:09 PM

You talk like they are common in the 3S world...show some too me. Show some proof to the thread starter that a single is the best way to go when making big power. I know of 1 big power single set up, several in the works, and lots of unfinished projects.

max3 12-28-2007 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

This is not something your average shop can do. I was talking about a/f ratio tuning. Any old retard can make a base tune, or even a decent tune. Take the AMS EVO for instance, tuning was the difference between 600awhp, and 1000awhp.

What are your exact goals, and budget?

Its been a while since i checked this, butim pretty sure i cando it with help from some ofmy freindseither a water or meth injection, he worked on and knows import carslike rx7s with meth-injection ,some 3000gts, etc.It wont cost me 50'gs to do it though for me.

goals to have vr4 that is fast to compete with cars made right now such as the new corvette, new viper, new twin turbo awdthat comes out in09 (looks like a skyline)and beat them

thestealth 12-28-2007 08:32 AM

If you want your car to be as fast (and reliable) as the ones you listed, it's not going to be cheap...

94 3kgt sl 12-28-2007 01:21 PM

its not cheap but like the stealth said it can be done and has been done multiple times on thw twin set up.