Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Dodge Stealth and Eagle Talon performance

Old 08-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Default Dodge Stealth and Eagle Talon performance

Hey guys. Im not frequent on here, made a few posts. Ill introduce myself again. Im Matt, im going on 16, I live in CT, and im a huge musclecar fan(dont hate me lol) and I prefer American cars over imports, but I do respect the fast imports and respect their durablilty and good quality for a cheap price. Anyway, im going to need a car to drive before my baby is finished and to drive in the winter. So im looking at around a 91-95 Dodge Stealth or Eagle Talon. I dont want to get the turbo version because I want to get something clean for around 2000 bucks, doesnt have to be low miles, just clean. I would like to get the DOHC Stealth, or the Talon ESi. I was just wondering what kind of performance I could expect from one. I just want something nice looking, sort of sporty, and a little bit of get up and go and good throttle response and I want to get a 5 speed since I like to row my own. I hate ricers and mainly what I want to be able to do with this car when im driving it before my baby is running and when there is salt on the road is be able to blow away the average ricer in a fart can Civic, so im thinking if I could crack the high 15s it would take them. Of course its going to feel slow though once I start driving my hopefully 11 second power house . If anyone has any acceleration numbers for the Stealth or Talon I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Matt.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:59 AM
Default RE: Dodge Stealth and Eagle Talon performance

I think its funny that you are asking for help getting a 15 sec car. But here is some help I guess. A DOHC Stealth is a low 15 sec car stock. A TT Stealth is a low 13 sec car stock if you can drive. High 13s in the 1gen. Non turbo is really reliable. Fairly inexpensive, but to get something decent it will cost more than $2k in a DOHC motor. Even a 91 Stealth ES is MINIIMUM $2500 if its in good running order. Anything less than that is either a STEAL or something wrong with it. Talon DOHC will be faster than your standard Civic, probably HIGH 15s low 16s and be very reliable and cheap. Its a GREAT commuter car. Good on gas and all that stuff. Just pick and be happy. And now DARE I ASK...what is your "baby"?

Old 08-24-2006, 04:09 AM
Default RE: Dodge Stealth and Eagle Talon performance

Hoping my baby is going to be a 64 Dodge Polara cloned to look like a Ramcharger Super Stock type car. Im planning on a 440 dressed up to look like the 426 that it would have came with. 15s isnt hot, I know that, but I am basically looking for a commuter type car for when the roads are slated and covered with snow and the 2 months that I have my lisense that I plan on not having my baby running yet. I said 15s though because that would be enough to keep ricers at bay and still save me money on gas for me to pour into my Ramcharger.