Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

It doesn't get any worse than this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Default It doesn't get any worse than this!

I own a 94 3000 for about 3 years now and I have had nothing but problems. I have had so much money put in this car, and it is still a piece. I have put new clutch in, alternator, 2 batteries ( electrical problem somewhere ), starter, 2 sets of tires ( my own falt ), My water pump failed. My timing belt broke, and me and buddy tried to fix it and ended up bending 7 valves, got new motor off of ebay, found out motor does not have crank case and cam sensors, got rid of it on ebay for half what I paid for it. Eventually got motor rebuild just my valves and rings. Guy put in high performance crome rings in it, that was the only rings that would fit my piston without boreing it. So the rings have not seated yet and it burns about 1 1/2 quarts of oil a week ( got to keep check on that ) O yeah before that after motor was rebuilt. I took it to 2 so called machanics to get it running again. ended up taking to local mitsubishi dealer ($$$$$$$) I have replaced struts, just the regular factory ones not the ones that has sensors in them ( way to much money ). Replaced tie rods ends, both front wheel bearings, one front whole hub assembly, my rear windsheild wiper does not work, got abs light popping up every now and then in dash, radio plays when it wants to, I replaced 3 motor mounts ( $$$$). And now it is boging down when I take off, believe it is my plug wires. I looked up my car fax and found out is was in bad wreck one year after it was sold to first owner. I am the second owner. Got 148,000 miles 10,000 rebuilt. I know it doesn't help to drive like I do but come on. I don't believe I will ever buy another mitsubishi car again, let alone front wheel drive. I love imports I think 3000 gts are in a class of thier own ( in a good way ) not many people got them that is one reason why I bought mine. I regret buying it now. Am I the only one out there with a problem like mine I hope not. Let me know Please.

Old 09-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Default RE: It doesn't get any worse than this!

O yeah power steering pump also leaks! and its got exhaust leaks. I could go on for days believe me.

Old 09-20-2004, 02:14 PM

I have a 99' with 34k miles on it. I am a very passive driver, so I hope to preserve the daily driver characteristics, but I had a 98' grand am before I bought the 3kgt and it was pretty close to what you are talking about with your car. I just simply sold it to someone I didn't like and moved on. I hate to see 3kgt's that are in this condition, but sometimes it is in your best intrest to move on. I thought my best friend and I were taking a HUGE risk when we bought this piece of crap 86 supra from a trailer-trash inconsiderate bastard, but the car turned out alright! We bought it for $250. You can see the car at http://members.cardomain.com/dalek_42k
I hope you look at it.
What model is your car, and do you plan to keep it as a daily driver?

Old 09-20-2004, 02:27 PM

Uhhh....yeah i'd have given up on that car a long time ago. I like 3kgt's too, but unless i got that car for free, i wouldn't even bother speding so much cash on it. Man....you really got it bad. Sorry?!?

Old 09-20-2004, 03:12 PM

Sounds like you got a lemon. Thats to bad. It might be time to cut your losses and move on.

Old 09-20-2004, 07:33 PM

yea, that sucks, part it out and see what you can get for it that way, probly end up getting more than you would by just selling it........ thats what i would do anyway...........