Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Door replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Default Door replacement

My 93 VR-4 was recently hit by a hit and run driver, and they obliterated my door. While I haven't had the car professionally looked at yet, I was wondering if in the likelihood that the door is beyond repair, could I use a door from a non VR-4 model? If so, would there be any cosmetic changes or are they identical?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:24 AM

you'll find that most cosmetic pieces from the respective first and second generation 3000GT's and Stealths are interchangeable. While some inconsistencies exist (for example different side skirts, and hence different door bonnets between 1G and 2G 3K's and front bumper styles) but most parts can be swapped in between years and models with basically no modification costs (excluding paint, etc.). Some mods, like the sail panels, are more difficult to swap, but most all the rest can be swapped out easily as they are the same on all years/models.
Short answer: Get a door from whatever model 3K you can find. It will fit perfectly, as they are identical. I'm about 99% sure that a stealth door will fit as well (never tried it, but I can't think of a reason why one wouldn't).

Old 11-08-2010, 11:39 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

So it looks like if I was going to get a door from a different model, I would have to get both doors due to the molding. Not a horrible thing I suppose seeing how I'm going to be getting new skirts anyway. Seems I can just get skirts that match whatever model I pulled the doors off of if all the fittings are universal.