Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Electronic heater control lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Default Electronic heater control lights

Hi all new to the forum, just brought my first gto about a week ago and the heater control lights (digital ones) stopped working about 4 days ago, cant find nothing on google about it or how to repair/remove, can anyone help please?

Old 01-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Pretty much every body goes through it,no known repair,replacement only.I picked up one on Ebay,when mine went bad
Not to hard to remove

Automatic climate control-ATC
This is a write up by somebody else-pretty accurate,follow directions and you'll be fine
1 remove radio bezel by gently pulling the bottom out first.
2 remove 4 screws holding radio in place
3 remove radio connectors by pressing tab and pulling out, pull antenna cable out
4 remove radio and set safely out of the way.
5 remove the gap trim between the console and dash, its held in with a metal clip and will require a bit of force to remove.
6 (caution) there are TWO clips, one in the bottom of each vent above the ATC, carefully insert a flat tip screwdriver into the clip, just enough to disengage it, then using a trim tool(or equivalent), CAREFULLY pry one side out past the clips catch, repeat for the other side.
7 Disconnect the hazard flasher button by pressing the tab and pulling out.
8 Remove one screw from the center top of the ATC, the other two are hiding back in that area where you remove the gap trim. remove them.
9 Reach in where the radio was and unplug the controller unit, the "black box"
10 Lift the ATC, and remove the top two screws holding the "black box" controller, set the atc back down. Support the black box and remove the bottom two screws. Remove black box.
11 (caution) You may want to mask the ATC controls/display with tape before removing, there are many sharp objects, in that area, that could ruin your day... Rotate and slowly drop the ATC through the radio cavity and remove.

The easy part, disassemble!
1.Take out all screws that you can see and carefully pull the unit apart.
Thats it...

Last edited by glimerman; 01-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:03 PM

thanks for the reply took it out today and took it appart, 2 diodes were blown so went to maplin for replacements and resoildered them in and still nothing all i get still is a little tiny bit of the blue on the cold side of the display lit up and can only see that in pitch black lol i did notice though that on the right hand side of the display there are 2 what look like burn marks inside so i guess that is the problem, i think your right ebay would be my best option lol cheers anyway all the best

Old 01-16-2012, 07:38 AM

It's exactly same thing that happens to ECU,condenser caps are leaking and destroying everything in process,so best bet is to replace it
Good luck