Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Default Exhaust

I have a 97 3000gt. I want to get a flow master or two....or something to make it sound a lot better, increase hp.....What is the best way to go for this and what brands do you think are best? If you can break it down for me...I don't know much when it comes to this stuff. Thanks!

Old 09-02-2005, 04:29 AM
Default RE: Exhaust

Ready made cat backs are a rippoff, but you can't beat their fit and finish. However a ripoff is a ripoff....

Mufflers are more or less universal. Go to ebay and pick sime out that you like. Take em to a muffler shop and have them welded up with mandrel bends (the shop need not have a mandrel, just the pipe sections on hand) and you will get all the "performance" you would out of an expensive HKS set up.

About that performance.... Mufflers, air intakes and the like are not going to make any meaningful power until they are integrated and tuned. Sure, your new mufflers might gain you 6 hp on the dyno, but you'd never notice that on the road.

And don't get a turbonator... whatever that is.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Default RE: Exhaust

Look at my signature on the bottom and go to the cardomain site. That will take you to the site that my car is located at. I have a custom bent cat-back exhaust. Don't hollow out the catalytic converter because it will make your exhaust sound rhaspy. Just get some borla tips off ebay and don't worry about a muffler. http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....C-904EEF91A50F Go there to see my burnout and to hear my exhaust.