Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Help me!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Default Help me!!!!!!!!!

ok, where do i even begin! i got a 95 sl. my throttle response seemed like it was lackin so i decided to changed the spark plugs. i went to auto zone and bought some denso spark plugs and wires. i installed everything and i was hoping that my car would be good after that but it got worse. when i turned it on, the engine made a loud screeching noise and then it completely turned off in 5 sec. it wont even stay on. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned
Default RE: Help me!!!!!!!!!

Did you make sure the wires are in the right order? Does the noise sound like your belts?

Old 04-24-2006, 01:44 AM

LISTEN I HAVE THE SAME CAR AS YOU BUT 1 YR OLDER. I THINK IT MIGHT BE YOUR STARTER, THE STARTER IS THE UNIT THAT TURNS AND HAS TO DO WITH IGNITION. I HAD TO REPLACE MY STARTER, AND THE BELTS(MAIN,ACCESSORY,TIMING,ETC...) IM NOT SURE WHICH ONES I GUESS IT WAS MAIN AND TIMING, BUT THAT COST ME $400 WITH REPLACING THE PUMP FOR WINSHILED WIPER SPRAY AND THE SWITCH FOR THE REAR WIPER. I THINK IT COULD BE IT BC MY CAR MADE A NOISE WHEN I TURNED IT ON LIKE A SCREECING WHEN YOU HEAR THE THROTTLE GO VROOM WHEN YOU START THE CAR, BUYING NEW SPARK PLUGS WORSENED IT I THINK BC YOU'RE GIVING BETTER AND STRONGER VOLATE AND SPARKS, BUT IF YOUR STARTER IS MESSED UP, IT WONT TURN EVEN IF YOUR CAR HAS GOOD SPARK PLUGS AND REPLACE THE BELTS, ANYWAYS WHATS THE MILEAGE ON IT? i HAVE A PROBLEM RIGHT NOW I HOPE ITS NOT BIG BUT FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS IT STALLED ON ME WHEN I WAS DRIVING, AND I CANT GET THE AUDIO TO WORK I HAVE TO RESET TO PUT THE PASSWORD CODE BUT IM NOT SURE HOW, NEWAYS TAKE CARE

Old 04-26-2006, 11:51 PM

yea the wires were in the right order. i think your right, that me changing the spark plugs made it worse cuz it did. but my car is working good now. i took it to my mechanic and he told me it was the throttle that was positioned wrong and there was also a hose that was being pinched . so basically it was my throttle that was the problem. i got 60*** on my car right now. im thinking about changin the timing belt but it seems to be in good condition. i might do it in the near future. thank youll for the help!