Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Help - SRS Lights does not go OFF !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Default Help - SRS Lights does not go OFF !!

hello Frens,

My roomie recently crashed my Car and I had a hard time fixing up my 1995 Mit. 3000 GT !

I had the aftermarket parts for the Airbags installed and after the body work was completely done, the auto body shop said that I would have to get the SRS Computer Module CODED by a Mitsubishi Dealer as the SRS lights would always stay ON !

Since I live in a small University town, there are no Mit. Dealers and I went to a Chrysler dealer ( Dodge Stealth and 3000GT mostly have the same system ) ..

During the Diagnosis, the DRB III that they used showed "NO RESPONSE" and they even tried Connecting the BATTERY OFF and then again restarting the Connections .. and I even tried another SRS Computer Module ( which was removed from a 3000GT whose airbags were not deployed, so it shud be working ) .. but the same error popped up. They told me that they even tried DRB II for the diagnosis, but the same error showed up.

Can anyone please guide me how to proceed with this problem ?

I am an International Student and henceforth cant afford to spend much, so I would be fairly grateful if you can suggest me something cheap and effective for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jimmy.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Help - SRS Lights does not go OFF !!

Well if the srs module is not comunicating w/ the scanner you might have not power or a bad ground to that module. Also check all the fuses for the srs.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:07 PM

the code has been cleared and it returns?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:41 PM

The guy at the Mitsubishi Dealership tried to Diagnose that with a DRB III but it wud jst say NO RESPONSE. He also tried connecting the Battery Off and then reconnecting the battery on, but even that was in vain. the same thing happend to another SRS Control Module. The DRB wudnt detect any signal from that as well ..

Old 05-29-2008, 02:39 PM

something a bit similar happened to me my car didnt want to connect to the obd II plug my computer didnt even wanna turn on .. so i checked the fuses under the driver's side and found that it had a bad fuse and the computer turned on n everything worked fine .. also if that dosent work check the fuses in the engine bay by the radiator it may be one of those as well ...

Old 05-31-2008, 01:12 PM

2/3 3000GT's and Stealth's have an SRS code on. Once the airbags blow... you need to replace the sensors, etc in order to clear that code. They'll still work, from my understanding, but a real pain to clear. Some 3/S's that the airbags have never blown, STILL have that SRS light on. It should still pass inspection, even with the light on.