Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

I need help/w Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:18 AM
Default I need help/w Electrical

My battery was dead on my stealth (i haven't driven in two months as I have been trying to do body work on it) so I swapped out my focus's battery and put it in, but they have the terminal backwards and I accidentally ended up crossing the negative with the positive terminal and vice versa. The engine cranks, but will not start. My dome light, door lights won't come on, and while the digital climate control will come on and so will the dash lights, the air won't blow, also my headlights won't popup, can someone please tell me what's wrong and for the love of god don't tell me it is my ECU.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:10 AM
Default RE: I need help/w Electrical

In case it turns out to be my ECU, would I have to get aTwin Turbo/VR4 wreck's ECU? Or could I get away with using just an RT/SL's ECU?

Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Carcharodont

In case it turns out to be my ECU, would I have to get aTwin Turbo/VR4 wreck's ECU? Or could I get away with using just an RT/SL's ECU?
If your Car is the RT/TT then you have to get an ECU from a TT, they do not interchange.

Also, have you checked all of your fuses? start pulling them, you probably blew a few of them.

Good luck!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:35 PM

You probably blew some fuses, but you should also check your relays. There is a lot of electronics in your car and the relays control a lot of the items that you say do not work. I don't think it's your ECU, and that should be the last thing you check. Remember, since you reversed the positive and negative, your entire car was on positive current. Anything that is grounded was charged. You might need to replace your ignition unit (what the sparkplug wire connect to).

Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Okay upon getting anotherbattery and charging it, everything seems to work but the car still won't run. It will crank but not start, and the distributor (if I remember correctly) is getting power but the sparkplugs are not firing. I wanna say it is the coil packbut am not sure, any ideas now that everything else has been eliminated from the list of problems? Also, hooked up a voltmeter to the diagnostic part of the car and it is swinging back and forth continuously with steady sweeps (I believe that is a sign that the car is operating normally, or atleast that is what it means in the Dodge Stealth repair manual).