Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

IMPORTANT READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Default RE: IMPORTANT READ THIS

Here is some stuff I dug up on 3si about projects Pampena Motorsports has been fooling with. Links to 3si as follows.

4.1stroker
3.0L to 3.5L stroker kit

The 3.0L stroker kits might help out the current generation of Eclipse engines also. (they are 6g72 also, aren't they) It is a work in progress, so we shall see how it pans out.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:04 AM

i hate strut bars lol. well it was funn while it lasted. Lates ALL.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:24 PM

Yeah, well my 92 LeBaron owns all you fools!
I have the all mighty 3.0 Mitsubishi V6 that powers the 3KGT and Stealth under my hood.
MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! So what if it's the single Cam version and is downtuned to 140hp, my torque makes people spill their drinks when they ride with the boogie. Besides, I have high performance NOS stickers on my windows that add 50hp each and my high performance Sponge Bob air freshener. So HA!!![8D]

Old 12-03-2004, 01:21 PM

Not fair, you have the coveted high speed Sponge Bob air freshener.

How are we supposed to compete with that.

Old 12-03-2004, 01:42 PM

Actually, the Sponge Bob air freshener I have for my 92 LeBaron is supposed to fit early 90's stealth's and 3KGT's, or any other car with the Mitsu 3.0 V6. It helped me run 9 seconds in the quarter. Just make sure you get the real SpongeBob air Freshener and not a cheap imitation from e-bay, you could blow your intake manifold.

Old 12-04-2004, 01:09 PM

I may have a slow car, but I know it is nice because EVERYONE gives me compliments that they have NEVER EVEN SEEN a '99 3000gt besides what they may have seen in pictures. You got a little personal when you started ripping on my car. My car is my daily driver-not my track car. About the Alpine stuff, If I was trying to compete I would have put 2 type-x's or w7's each powered by a 1000w amp with a full boston component system. However, I am not competing. Nor am I rich. I am 19 and make $1100 a month. I have a $430 a month car payment plus insurance and have to pay for tags every year. Wouldn't you say that I have done a lot to this car for only having it for about 7 months? I am going to laugh when I get my lexus IS300 in about 1-1/2 years with a 2JZTT powered FAMILY car and WHOOP your a$s.

Jed Booth LCpl. USMC

Old 12-05-2004, 05:22 PM

My car gets its share of compliments too. People can never believe that it is almost 13 years old and has near 150k on it.

Old 12-26-2004, 09:59 AM

you pay $430 a month for a 3000gt wow your interest rates must be high not caping on ya but is it worth it now that you look at it? and as for the lexus dude i respect that kinda car just beacuse they look bad assed with big assed rims and slamed to the floor with blacked out windows. But here is the question you have to ask your self would you like the lexus or would you rather have a 99 benz or a jag? hell if you look long enof you could find a h1 hummer for about 10-15 Grand. dont say it cant be done i have a buddy that has 2 that he got for 10 grand. just have to look in a rich neiborhood for one where they dont care. Oh and somtimes if it looks good it dont have to be fast its just bad assed.

Old 12-26-2004, 12:25 PM

oh and i wanst riping on your car i was imply stating that the space"volume" to power seamed off in other words you could get a more crisp clean bass for the power to volume. most people dont think about the box you put the sub in but it can affect how crisp and punchy the bass can be. before i upgraded my system i had 2 12" subs in a dual banpass box that was built to the specs taht the dealer told me to for best sound it only had a 400watt amp to it and it was not only louder than most of my buddys cars running 12" subs at about 1000W in the wrong box but more clear crisp bass. like i said in the post i want trying to cap on the car just pointing out a few things to make it better. overall it is a nice car but it alwase could be better all cars can.

Old 12-26-2004, 12:35 PM

Thank you for your advice on that topic...however when I bought these subs, I looked at the specs and they call for 1.25cubic feet per side. I had a perfect box for them, but the problem was that they took up the back seats becuase the box wouldn't fit in the hatchback area. So, me and my buddy built one. I did the measurements and it is like 1.34 per side-- a little big, but that extra space will help when I get w7's or a set of type-x's. Right now my plans with this car is to lower it with an eibach prokit (1.5 front 1.3 rear) then pay off the car as fast as I can. I want to be able to do things to the car without worrying about making the payments. Oh, also, I bought my car for $19k and it still bluebooks at 21 (it only has 35k miles on it) I went from a '98 grand am (4cylinder automatic tranny) to this, so I thought this car was a lot better then it really was at the time. lol whatever... at least I bought a '99 though.

Quick Reply: IMPORTANT READ THIS