Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Default Motor Mounts

a quick question .. can my solid motor mounts fu*k up my car because its vibrating more at idle ???

Old 05-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Motor Mounts

no, i don't believe that it will mess anything up.. i think that's just something that you have to deal with. you should post this up on 3si.org/forum or search it or something.

_isiah

Old 05-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Banned

No it won't mess anything up

Old 05-25-2008, 04:20 AM

It should be expected to feel more vibration with solid motor mounts.
Were you surprised that you feel the motor vibrations now? The stock, rubber centered, mounts served two purposes, one is to dampen motor vibrations and the obivous..hold the motor in place.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 AM

no i knew it would vibrate more idc but i was just wondering and also its just that my brother was being a dick and annoying me about it so i posted this to rub it in his face .. and another quick question if u guys dont mind .. i know my rotors are warped but my stearing wheel shakes a bit as im driving? and when i hit the gas all the way when im stopped the car pulls a bit to the side i think thats power steering though?!?!?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

No thats alignment. And for God's sake get the brakes done.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:29 PM

got the brakes put on yesterday no more shaking when im braking .. but my cuzine told me that both of the boots where riped on the ball joints could that be why its shaking when i drive ? dont worry im going to get the alignment done also but i dont think thats it .. its just theres no point if the ball joints are messed up also because dont you have to align the car when u change them as well?

Old 05-29-2008, 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Ralliart3000

got the brakes put on yesterday no more shaking when im braking .. but my cuzine told me that both of the boots where riped on the ball joints could that be why its shaking when i drive ? dont worry im going to get the alignment done also but i dont think thats it .. its just theres no point if the ball joints are messed up also because dont you have to align the car when u change them as well?
Yeah, there really is no point in getting it aligned now only to get it aligned again after replacing the balljoints. I would get those done fairly soon, especially if they affect wheel position in terms of steering.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

The boots being torn has nothing to do with the shaking, but if you don't get them replaced then you will break the joints

Old 06-03-2008, 01:33 PM

i replaced both of them and the shakyness went away and oddly on the same day i put a cold air intake and i made a custom 2.5 inch dual catback exhaust system and my car dosent vibrate anymore with the solid motor mounts ....

Quick Reply: Motor Mounts