Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

OEM CD Changer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Default OEM CD Changer?

Got a 96 3000gt,have restored it to all original configuration with the exception of the sound system.Ive got the original radio with cd changer controls,and the amp that goes under the seat for the Infinity system.Ive been looking for a Mitsubishi OEM cd changer,but theyre far and few between on ebay,and when you do find one its either too pricey,or gone...Ive got a Pioneer CD changer,but obviously the factory car harness wont work with it,the question here is..is there an adapter cable made that will allow me to use the pioneer changer with the infinity system?

Old 11-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Default RE: OEM CD Changer?

did you have the stock radio from the begining. ive been looking for another one to replace this aftermarket one. i had to change the original one whenit broke finally. but this one that i have is ****ty looking, as are most aftermarket radios. personally i think all aftermarket radios leave a hint of rice to the car imo. so if you bought the radio after wards and put it in i would like to know where you bought it and if i would be able to get my hands on one.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:24 PM

This car Ive got had a panasonic cd am/fm radio when I got it,Im a stickler for OEM stuff.Ive replaced that pos with the factory original Mitsubishi Infinity radio,and re-installed the amp under the drivers side seat.Ive got the original Panasonic cd changer,and since the post have located and bought an adapter to make the cd changer work with the OEM Radio,If youre looking for an OEM radio try this on ebay....MR141288..This is the original radio made for this car,it has the input for the steering wheel controls as well,might warn you however,it took three tries to find one that worked.....This radio was also found in the Montero of the same years.If you dont have to have a double din radio,Ive got a single din infinity here ill let go cheap,also have the code for the theftlock,and it has the cd changer controls as well....It however does NOT have the connector for the steering wheel controls.....

Old 11-25-2006, 04:01 PM

New info...Ebay item number 180054459009,this is a second generation infinity cd stereo.Has all the connectors that are required for pulg-and-play.Hell if id have seen it before i bought mine id be bidding...the only drawback is its a one disc panel mount unit.Have no idea if a changer can be used with it...it even comes with the infinity amp....helluva deal.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:35 PM

im also a real big fan of stock look. changing things around isnt good for me, unless your making the car faster without tearing it apart. for me you buy a car because you like the way it looks when you bought it. its hard enough to maintain a car to be the way we like it. i dont think i could go modifying my car to the piont where people ask, ...so...what IS it?...
thanks for the info. i really appreciate it. you probably know how hard it is to find those parts. we at least it is for me. lol. what is single din or double din? im not sure what it is and how do i check what mine was or came was.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:42 PM

well i looked at ebay and i found nothing in that category. what a suprise. lol. do you think that any mitsubishi dealership would carry something like that or be able to order it?

Old 11-25-2006, 04:52 PM

The term single,or double din is concerning the height of the radio top to bottom,single din is approximately 2 inches,as double is about 4....I may have made a type-o in the ebay item number,but if youll search 3000gt radio,and Montero radio you should find it.My single din will allow a "cubby hole" to be placed under it for storing stuff.The original 3000gt radio however was a double din...Ive got about three double din Eclipse radios here that will work in a non-infinity system.The infinity fyi takes the audio out of the radio through a special connector and routes it to the amp,from the map it goes to the speakers,therefore a normal mitsubishi eclipse am/fm/cd player will not work on the infinity system, as its speaker outputs are incorporated into the main connector harness....BUT if youre car was not originally wired for the infinity system,any eclipse radio of the same year area should be a dead-on fit...plug and play.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:56 PM

in that case i have the double din. the stock one was huge and weighed a ton but looked much better than this pos that i have in there now. plus i was able to use the steering wheel controls with it. i cant with this one. ill look again but do you think that a dealership has them, or could order them?

Old 11-25-2006, 05:08 PM

found one that is a oem replacement i think it was refurbidhed. its 40 bucks but is from a 91 stealth tt or 3000 tt. its also a double din. will it fit in my 94 sl. it doent look the same but will it connect to all the wires that i have.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:13 PM

Yep...thats the ticket,and you CAN get a factory NEW replacement from Mitsubishi...its only 1,250.00 plus shipping....Thats One thousand two hundred and fifty dollars.......Thing I like about my factory radio is it has an "aux" input on the front so the XM Radio will plug right in....

Quick Reply: OEM CD Changer?