Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Recommended Performence Exhaust on 94gtSL

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Default Recommended Performence Exhaust on 94gtSL

I purchased a 94 3000gtSL about a year ago and haven't done much With it but Basically Destroyed it lol. (( Previous Owner left it ruins for me [sm=boosign.gif] to discover it the Hard Way )) By all means It a beautiful car but my exhaust Brackets snapped as well as the hanging the Pipes and Muffler all hanging down .Needs to be replaced. It is After Market Exhaust , hasn't Any Logos are marking as what brand but It has a nice low Purr , Silent Untill the throttle is pushed it then it's kind of Crotch rocketing Rev.. Was Wondering Recommendations On a High Flow Performance Exhaust system With a Mean Lion Growl Rather then a Kitten Purrr. :P... Any Input would Help greatly. Thanks[sm=smiley10.gif]

Old 04-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Default RE: Recommended Performence Exhaust on 94gtSL

Borla would be a good choice but i know magnaflow has a nice sound my friend has a 3000gt with magnaflow it sounds real nice it matters if u wanna keep the stock look or if your planing on puting some cans on the end.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:00 AM

But doesn't Borla have better performance specs?
ORIGINAL: DSM4life

Borla would be a good choice but i know magnaflow has a nice sound my friend has a 3000gt with magnaflow it sounds real nice it matters if u wanna keep the stock look or if your planing on puting some cans on the end.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:57 AM

I did hear that Borla has better specs and also sounds better. (depends on what you like though)

Old 05-31-2006, 07:16 PM

I got magnaflow on my 95 sl. it has that deep muscle car sound. people say it sound like a mustang. i also have a the test pipe from 3sx and no resonaters. it sounds beautiful. i think the borla is way too much money . i suggest you get a custom exhaust done.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:57 AM

really?? where did you get your magnaflow from?...all the places ive found borla and magnaflow catbacks for the 3k are around the same price

Old 06-02-2006, 04:45 PM

I went to a local shop( doesnt have to be a performance shop) where i live at and told em that i want a new custom exhaust system from the cat back. he ordered me this this magnaflow muffler . your not gonna find a magnaflow catback thats already made for our car. your gonna have to get it custom done but its not difficult at all. a local muffler shop should hook you up wit everything you need. it only takes a couple hours to get done. just tell em that you want custom 2.25 in 2.5 in or 3in piping from the cat back and remove the rosonaters . i paid about 300 for everything and it looks and sounds real nice.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:23 AM

I heard from a buddy that Tanabe was releasing an exhaust.. something blue.. blah blah blah.. forgot the name.. but he said they were making them for non-turbos too.. and he said at the moment that is blowing most of the other exhausts out of the water... Idk I am looking into it now myself..

Crown

Old 06-25-2006, 01:09 PM

I personaly think the HKS HI Power Cat-Back Single Exhaust souds by far the best of most the exhausts I have herd on 3ks. Im a tuner kinda guy maybe u dont like that sound but here is a clip of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtIyO...&search=3000gt

Car is not mine.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 PM

TANABE CONCEPT G BLUE is the exhast your referring to it is a ausome system i have one on my 3kgt sounds excellent you can find out info at http://www.dynamicracing.com/customer/home.php that has thousands of racing parts for a 3kgt and stealth for pretty good prices

ORIGINAL: furybabylon

I heard from a buddy that Tanabe was releasing an exhaust.. something blue.. blah blah blah.. forgot the name.. but he said they were making them for non-turbos too.. and he said at the moment that is blowing most of the other exhausts out of the water... Idk I am looking into it now myself..

Crown

Quick Reply: Recommended Performence Exhaust on 94gtSL