Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

removing cd changer help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Default removing cd changer help

how easy is it to remove the stock cd changer froma 95 sl.i tried it once a while back but i stoped becuase it was connected to wires that i couldnt remove easily. i just wanna hear from someone thats done it before so i can take that out without any problems. thanks

Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Default RE: removing cd changer help

If youre talking about the "head unit" pull the bezel off,remove the 4 screws holding the brackets in,pull the radio out gently.There will be probably 3 or so connectors,two co-ax wires,and a cable connector the feeds the cd changer.....there are push clips on the connectors,just feel for the extrusion,and push it in,while pushing it in,pull gently on the connector.It should come out with some wiggling.You cant get these mixed up while re-installing....The co-axs will just pull straight out,and the cd changer connector has a push pad on its side,push this pad in while rulling out on the connector.There will be one small connector with one yellow wire on it,this feeds the steering wheel controls.
ALL of this info is for the factory Original INFINITY sound system which was normal on the sl version.One last thing,there are TWO large cables,one of which is as earlier stated for the CD changer(which was optional) the other is the feed line for the Infinity amp mounter under the passengers side seat...their pin configuration is different,but from the outside they look the same.....hope this helps.
IF youre radio is NOT the infinity head unit,most of this should still apply as far as removing the connectors...Lastly,if youre speaking about a CD CHANGER,there is one 3 pin connector on the changer(which is power) and a pigtail thats about 10 inches long with a molex type inline connector,just pull them apart...[sm=signs003.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9786/6E701EC1FA014EB293EFEDDBCEC16DB5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-26-2007, 11:42 PM

i wasnt talkin bout the head unit but thanks anyways. i was able to remove the cd changer today though. it wasnt as hard as i thought.i just disconnected two cables and removed 4 screws. 2 screws were holding the cd changer in place and the other two were a bracket that i had to unscrew from inside the trunk. the rest of the cable is still in thier though. im pretty sure its leading to the head unit. i want to remove them cables but im pretty sure that means i have to remove too many panels. im not even sure which panels to remove. i do have the stock infiniti cdchanger. everything else is aftermarket though.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:52 AM

whats wrong with it? the cd changer i mean.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 AM

sorry, double post.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:27 AM

well, it just doesnt play any cds. i could hear the cd changer switching cds but it jus wont play any audio.it could simply jus bean unplugged cable or something wrong with the wiring. it really doesnt matterto me though. i have a clarion 7 in screen in place of my factory head unit. i really never used the cd changer anyways.