Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Seafoam Good Or Not ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Default Seafoam Good Or Not ??

i have a 95 3000gt sl with 130k .. and im not sure if i wanted to do the seafoam .. the car is in exellent condition and if i do use it were do i poor it in .. ??[:-]

Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned
Default RE: Seafoam Good Or Not ??

You feed it in a vacume line. It should explain it all on the bottle...

Old 05-07-2008, 11:35 PM

Read the bottle.

I don't reccomend it.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:03 AM

i dont either.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

Curious... why?

Old 05-08-2008, 01:25 AM

because apparently the kid doesnt know what he's doing..
for one, you have to change the oil REALLY soon after doing a seafoam treatment.. mainly because it degrades the oil and yuck.. our cars are hella picky about oil, admit it. [if hes gonna put it in the oil]

if your going to just do gas, then make sure to have as much gas in your tank as you can, as sea foam can hurt your injectors.. i promise. [slight chance, but always a chance]
i've read a lot of good things, and a lot of bad. is it worth taking chances? not in my book, but thats my opinion on my car. i used it on my dsm way back in the day, and i could definately tell a difference.. but thats a whole different car than the 3s.

your chances are basically a hit or miss.. its not going to mess it up horrifically if you do mess up somehow. unless you let the oil thin out too much or something. but if your car is running fine, i would wait until you need to do it to do it.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:35 AM

ORIGINAL: vr4girl

because apparently the kid doesnt know what he's doing..

for one, you have to change the oil REALLY soon after doing a seafoam treatment.. mainly because it degrades the oil and yuck.. our cars are hella picky about oil, admit it. [if hes gonna put it in the oil]

if your going to just do gas, then make sure to have as much gas in your tank as you can, as sea foam can hurt your injectors.. i promise. [slight chance, but always a chance]
i've read a lot of good things, and a lot of bad. is it worth taking chances? not in my book, but thats my opinion on my car. i used it on my dsm way back in the day, and i could definately tell a difference.. but thats a whole different car than the 3s.

your chances are basically a hit or miss.. its not going to mess it up horrifically if you do mess up somehow. unless you let the oil thin out too much or something. but if your car is running fine, i would wait until you need to do it to do it.
you definately don't know our forum very well lol

Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 AM

I've never heard anything bad about it. For some people, it's worked, other people haven't noticed anything. If you can follow directions, then you'll be fine. If your car is running pefectly fine though, then don't waste your time.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:52 PM

Car running fine? Then don't **** with it. It's a 3/S, it won't be fine for long.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:36 PM

the car runs buetiful but my brother has a 2002 camaro ss and hes done it to his car and there was a huge difference so i was juss thinking about doing it to my car but i dont like taking chances so f*ck that .. thanks anyways

Quick Reply: Seafoam Good Or Not ??