Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Selling '93 SL, 199,xxx miles, auto. winter project

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 01:05 AM
Default Selling '93 SL, 199,xxx miles, auto. winter project

First post here, I'm just looking to sell my car. I know it's old and needs some fixing, but it still runs and drives. It's not in bad overall shape, but it needs tires, the motor has worn rings so I'd recomend a new shortblock, even a longblock. The body is good except where some nit-wit hit me in a parking lot. That hasn't been fixed, it is on the drivers side front. The light still opens, there are no broken pieces, just some body work needed to get it perfect again. The next not so major problems are the ABS 'BRAKE' light comming on, I honestly haven't looked into this a bit, the worst case scenerio is that the pump unit is going bad. If not the pump, there is an ABS computer that could be to blame. I don't think it is a sensor or serious problem with the hydraulic system, the car stops fine and I've never had trouble with the brakes. The turn signal switch works, but won't return on it's own, it became second nature for me to hit it with my fingers. I know why it's never been fixed, the steering wheel needs to be removed. It is most likely a broken plastic lever with minimal expense, it's just the labor involved. The rear wiper doesn't work and that is it. The rest of the car is great.

This car is zurich white hardtop, charcoal leather interior. 3.0 DOHC 24 valve, ATX (replaced under warranty at 45k), Fully loaded, premium sound w/ CD changer, cruize, digital climate control (AC works fine), Power windows,locks,mirrors (heated), keyless entry/factory security, power drivers seat, driver airbag, ECS (electronically controlled suspension)

The front struts and mounts are new (OEM parts), 4 wheel alighnment last month.

These cars are known to have poor power antennas, but I solved that problem too. Looking through the records, this would be antenna mast #3!

Not so recently, brake pads and rotors, spark plugs (yes the correct ones), wires, T-belt (although replacing the motor superceeds this), ECM, transmisson filter change, etc.

I have some of the maintenance paperwork, I believe I'm the third owner. I have the factory issued service volumes for 91-93 3KGTs (hundres of pages, covering EVERYTHING), the original owner's manual for this car. I lost the build sheet unfortunatly, it was cool though, MSRP of $31,000 and a page full of options! This car is from Hampton Roads area in Virginia. It has been coast to coast, but never through harsh road salt. Check carfax JA3BM64J0PY044285

It's unfortunate that I let a nice 3000 GT get to this condition, but I bought it at the wrong time in my life and money has been tight. I've recently paid the loan off and the title will be here soon. Fortunately for you, this can be yours for cheap! The kelly blue book value TRADE-IN value for a car, even in this condition, is $2365. I'd be happy with a good down payment on a new truck I'm interested in. As long as you're not sending me counterfiet checks from Nigeria or asking me for an installment plan, we can talk! As long as you're licensed and not looking to see if the car will really go up to 160mph, you are welcome to take it out for a drive.

As you can see by my post, I'm an honest guy. I'm not interested in making my car out to be something it isn't, I just want to sell it. So bring some cash and bring this home, get your winter project started. The only mod is a K&N reusable air filter, it may be due for a re-oiling

Please contact me at 603-818-9146 (sprint refuses to send me a bill, so this may get shut off. when they can figure out how to send a bill I will pay)

email is jamesflynn124@hotmail.com please, car related email only.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2343/B5C2AA11BE224C47A590E363688FF2D5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2343/0B96F0B091E7410BA24744CA9151DF3F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Default RE: Selling '93 SL, 199,xxx miles, auto. winter project

I forgot to add, I'm in Southern NH now. I just keep forgetting to cancel my VA registration, I'm not driving this car everyday.