Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

What should I do

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Default What should I do

this guy is selling his 3000gt vr4 for 1,400 motor works and all it has 113,000 mils on her everything works good the 2 major problems are he bought it off a machanic some guy never paid him so he kept the car and sold it the guy had to sign the car over secong it has no title the guy is giving him the run around and 2nd the interior is all striped liek seats and rug dash is still their but no interior i dont know how bad it is but the only thing that gets to me is the title the interior is not so bad know what im saying i found some back seats for 50 dollars black leather and some bucket seats for 200 for the both of them sparco racing seats my freind is selling them. but just dont want to buy the car with out the title the guy said its a big hassel to go to court thing involving the title just want to sell the car and basicly leave me with the problem the extirior is green vr4 engine all wheel drive ac and all work but no title and interior what should i do

Old 09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Default RE: What should I do

if the guy has the car cause the other guy didnt pay he should have the title or atleast have a lean application in. The only way its a hassle to get the title is cause there is a waiting period where they give the guy a chance to pay off the debt. Im not sure how long it is but if its at the beginning of this process then it may take a while, not a real hassle just time sitting on it thats all. But thats if the guy is telling the truth

Old 09-11-2007, 07:37 PM

Use it to convert your car to a FWD TT...as sad as it is to say...part out the rest of it.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 PM

[/align]Sounds good but will it fit in my 94 3000gt or my 98 since they are second generation. The engine is a 93 vr4 ....ok so if it will work how much do you think it will cost to do the swap?? I really wnt it in my 98 better looking and all but its a auto matic when my 94 is a 5 speed but i know it does not matter with the transmission because it will have to be switched to the vr4 transmission just wanting to know because im thhinking of going through with it .

Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM

that sounds like a good idea

Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 PM

The parts car will have everything you need to do the swap...all it will really cost you is labor and time. There will of course be the miscellaneous items to buy that always pop up...maintenance items and what not.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 PM

if u know someone in ur area(aka a friend)thats pretty good with swaps and u have a decent amount of tools u can do it at ur house ive done a lot of driveway swaps. oh yea u need an engine hoist (duh)

Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 PM

Well I recntly moved out here to dallas/ft worth and know no one when i was living in corpus christi i had a freind who can do all that but hes gone to the service and up here im new already getting people racing me and all glad to say i won all 3 haha . But im going to call that guy and see where he had got the car and find a garage shop around near by to see how much it will cost. But im still trying to see how much it will cost if any one has known some one to do a swap a little worried but im a give some calls and see what is up but other than that yeah.

[/align]

Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 AM

There are a bunch of knowledgeable people in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Check the regional sections of 3si.org.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:13 PM

i didnt think you need the vr4 tranny for a fwd swap. i thought the only purpose of the vr4 tranny was for the awd capabilities. but people do use there n/a 5 speed with the 1st gen motor.

Quick Reply: What should I do