Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Wheel/Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Default Wheel/Tire Question

Hey, I am looking to get either some 18" rims or 19" rims, and i was wondering what tires would be able to fit my car.
I drive a '95 3k gt . So if someone can get back at me on some nice tires that will fit muh car, that'd be great!

thanks

Old 06-20-2006, 03:02 AM
Default RE: Wheel/Tire Question

i put 18s back on my 3k and the best way to do i have found is www.tirerack.com

put in the info about your car and it will let you shop for rims and then wheels to fit those rims and if you already have the rims you want i would say itll just let you shop for tires that will fit your car...its make and model specific so its pretty trustworthy becuase mine fit the car perfectly...

BTW..i went with the michelin pilots...they run about 240 a tire but they are definately worth it...

Old 06-20-2006, 03:20 AM

oh man, idk if u ever hear this. but u are a brilliant human being....lol i didnt think of that. thanks man!

Old 06-20-2006, 05:26 PM

lol np man....are you gonna go with the 18s or 19s??

Old 06-20-2006, 09:39 PM

i was gonna go w/ just 18's...but u know, that much money, i'm thinkin i might as well go the distance and throw some 19's on it. u think that'll be too big tho? cuz i'm wanting to eventually lower the car an inch or two...

Old 06-21-2006, 01:10 AM

ahhh depends bro....where do you live??? in terms of the roads....cuz the higher size you go the more at risk you but yourself to busting a tire on a break, pothole, ect.....and that is gonna be an even bigger problem once you lower it....

Old 06-21-2006, 05:20 AM

soo do u think i should just go w/ 19's and leave the cars height, or just go w/ 18's. and when i went to tire rack, they didnt even have any 19" wheels for sale....soooo idk what to do w/ that..

Old 06-22-2006, 02:36 AM

ohhh i know why it is....its becuase the 3000s are really only meant to have either 17" or 18" rims ( for some reason idk ive never actually seen it...but supposedly some 3ks came outta the factory with 18"s) they probably just set that becuase they dont want to sell you anything that they think might mess up your car....if i were you id go with the 18"s and lower the car about an inch...that would look sweet...rather than getting the 19s which is gonna be tougher to find and not to mention the tires are gonna be more expensive as well as rare...

Old 06-22-2006, 03:55 AM

ya man thats what i was thinking. i found soem places for some coilover kits for liek 100bucks on ebay. aaaand also i found a dealer on ebay that sells tires, Nankang, taht are fairly cheap. i've found some whole sets for well under 400 dollars and they are the low pro tuner style. i know theres a lotta speculation around that ebay stuf, but i just got a short ram intake, (Bomz Racing) that works great and all. sooo i was wonderin if you knew of any other good deals or something that would be of use to me! lol

also, u know of any websites that are designated to like, 3000GT tuning? cuz the ****in civics have whole sites for their cars.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:32 AM

ahhh bout the only website i know of that deals only with the 3k is www.3sxperformance.com

i would suggest if youre gonna lower it that you get an eibach kit....they are supposedly the best and a good lowered inch or inch and a half will get rid of that wheel well gap and then with the bigger 18" rims it will look niceeeee....thats what im planning on doin when i get my car back from the shop

as far as ebay goes...i had a friend who had alot of problems with some rims he ordered for his truck off of ebay so i always kinda stayed away from ebay

Quick Reply: Wheel/Tire Question