Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

Diamante anti freeze leaking on floor

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Default Diamante anti freeze leaking on floor

I hope I am in the correct place to post this request . . . I have a 2003 Diamante and anti freeze is leaking on the passenger floor. Any ideas as to what could be causing this, and how to correct the problem?

Thanks,

dannyc

Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 AM

dannyc,

Well, I would start with looking back in the history of the Diamante threads. I've and several others have posted numerous times on heater core gasket issues. I say H/C gasket issues because, ultimitaly that's probably what you have.

Let us know what year is your car?
Do your windows fog up in cold weather w/ defrosters on?

I'm not a mechanic. So, you do what you want after the following reccomendations.
The route I took was to replace the old heater core GASKETS. I got mine right from the dealer $3.00 each. It took me about 10 hrs. Probably because I checked my work 3-4 times. Again I'm not a mechanic so, I wanted to be absolutly sure I was doing everything right. It might take you less time if you go this route. I have posted really good instructions on this procedure. I did not come up with the procedure that I posted. It worked out great for me. With this method you will need to discharge/recharge the A/C system. I guy charge me around $80.00.

The second option you'll see on the forum is putting stop leak in the radiator. In the past I've seen several different mentions of several different kinds.

Again, I want to point out. I'm not sure if you have a H/C gasket leak. Allthough, if you go back to the older threads. You will probably have better idea troubleshooting your problem.

Goodluck.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:06 PM

Hi, it's not a head gasket. It's your o-rings on your heater core.

I have two VR-Xs, they both did it. All diamantes will do it.

The book at Mitsu says it's an 8 hour job. You're looking at about 800 bucks or so at your average mitsu place for the job.

Once you get the o-rings replaced with new ones that don't corrode with any introduction to anti-freeze, it'll stop.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:26 PM

dannyc,

I'll clear one thing up. I didn't feel like writing heater core gasket. I made it H/C gasket. Not to be confused w head cover gasket.
If you did the repair, or attempted the stop-leak. Let us know..........

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29920

That is the link to my Heater core thread.