Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

female plug with no home

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Default female plug with no home

Ok so I was changing the brakes on my newly aquired 2000 diamante ls and when I took the passenger side wheel of I noticed a female wire plug just hanging there.

I traced it back to the component that you can see from the wheel well it is belt driven but I can't identify what that component is. Due to not bein able to find a picture/diagram of the belt system for the 6g74. 3.5 . I am trying to find out where the other end plugs in. Like I said one side plugs into the belt driven component that is visisble from the wheel well. Which is toward the rear side on the bottom of the engine.

Any one have any ideas?.

Also I was wondering if that may be the compressor. If so could that explain why my ac gets kinda cold but not as cold as it should.

I bought one of the refil kits from the parts store the other day and followed the instructions to fill the refrigerant but when it showed me the pressure it was in the range that the meter showed it should be. So I didn't put any in. Just to see what it showed in pressure I turned the ac off and the pressure skyrocketed way above the gauge red line.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:51 PM

So no one even knows what the engine component that is belt driven is?.
Its just to the rear of the suspension when viewing the motor from the passenger side wheel well with the wheel removed.

I know its not the alternator. Pretty sure its not the water pump.

Maybe someone has a diagram of the engines belt drive system that labels the engine components driven by the serpentine belt??

I would really like to plug whatever that is back in to whatever or wherever its supposed to be plugged in

Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Banned

Facing the passenger side of the engine, the alternator is on the top front and the AC compressor is below it. The power steering pump is driven by a separate belt and is on the back side of the engine. From your description it appears that you are referring to the power steering pump.

Frankly, I am surprised you cannot identify these parts since they are all standard parts and can easily be visually identified. Also, the power steering pump has hoses going to the power steering reservoir, the compressor has hoses going to the AC system and the alternator has a wiring harness. If you can't identify these parts, wouldn't you agree that you really shouldn't be working on your car yourself?

Old 09-02-2011, 06:19 AM

The reason I couldn't identify itmyself is I couldn't see it very well.
I am a big guy and there isn't much room under there.

I had the car jacked up with the jack that came with it and didn't have very much clearance to put my head under the car. Nor do I trust that jack enough to really do it either. I have since found where the plug goes. So no worries.

Besides changing brakes and working on the motor are 2 totally different things. The plug came out of the middle of a wiring bundle the plugs in to the top of the motor.

Last edited by merkaba; 09-02-2011 at 07:34 AM.