Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

No air out center vents

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Default No air out center vents

C'mon guys somebody's had to have had this same problem. Don't mean to be hasty.

Symptoms:

1) When switched to vents, there is very little air coming out the side vents, there is no air coming out the center vents.

2) When switched to the floor, air comes out of the floor duct great.

3) When switched to defrost mode, no air out of defrost vents

It seems the only port that is working properly is the floor duct but when switched to other modes air shuts off as if it's working normal there but air comes out nowhere else.

The accuator located above the accelerator is moving when different modes are selected but nothing really happens. I read these can slip off but it appears to be working fine.

Is there a cabin filter on this car that could be clogged up? If so where is it?

Thanks.

Old 12-17-2022, 08:05 AM
Default HVAC/heater issues on 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante

I have the same exact issue with my 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 3.5, except NOTHING blows. One guy said it was my blower motor, but we can hear it run. Another guy said it was my blend doors... maybe, but I can not find replacements for it. Then I was thinking since we've lived in this house for 3 and a 1/2 years and we have A LOT of pine trees. I was thinking that maybe the system is clogged with pine needles from the cowl, but I can not find a diagram that shows the air intake from the cowl into the hvac system...... Anybody have any ideas?? There has got to be somebody out there..... PLEASE!!