Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

05 Endeavor Limited - rear air conditioner control

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Default 05 Endeavor Limited - rear air conditioner control

I have an 05 limited. Can anyone tell me if the back seat air blower is an air conditioner or just a fan? The manual says air conditioning but mechanic says it's just a fan. It blows hot air but the front is ice cold so I'm thinking it's just a fan

Old 07-26-2015, 12:15 PM

I would believe the manual over some mechanic... It doesn't make sense that the cooling ducts wouldn't be connected to each other.

There is only 1 A/C unit in the car, if they have distinct controls they would be controlled by doors and open and close inside the duct work.

Did you have cold air back there before? Are you sure you have your ***** set correctly in both the front and back?

Finally it is possible one of those doors got stuck and isn't letting cold air flow to the back... I would check with the dealer or another mechanic..

Old 07-26-2015, 08:14 PM

Thanks. I'm going to check the controls again to be certain before I have a Mitsubishi dealer check it out.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:52 PM

Usually in dual control systems the front controls override the back controls.. Check your manual and make sure you are using the system properly. I know many people who don't understand the proper operation of their climate systems.

You can go to another mechanic that knows what he's talking about.. I have never heard of a car that has rear ducts that aren't connected to the HVAC system in the car...

Have you tried turning the heat on? Do you get hot air in the back?
Also when you said you get hot air in the back is it room/outside temp air or is it actuall hot? (You can use a thermometer to check if you aren't sure)