Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

2004 Endeavor TPMS light flashing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Default 2004 Endeavor TPMS light flashing?

I just started my 2004 Endeavor XLS AWD, and the TPMS light on the dash started flashing. A quick check of the owners manual says that if this light flashes, see your dealer, and that if it stays on, check your tire pressure. Has anyone else had this flashing TPMS issue? Vehicle has a little under 80K miles on it, and this has never happened before.

just trying to get some insight before trekking to the dealer

Thanks!!

DD

Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM

common problem on endeavor and galant at that mileage. one or more of the batteries in your sensors have gone bad. gonna have to visit the dealer to find out which one(s)is bad. battery not sold seperate, have to buy sensor. new sensor will have to be installed which means tire will have to come off. then new sensor(s) will have to be programmed. just a hint for you. if the TPMS light stays on, no flashing, tire pressure is low. flashing means a code has set due to a malfunction. good luck,

Old 08-12-2010, 07:52 PM

Makes a lot of sense.

I just mounted new tires at front and it started blinking couple of minutes later. Coincidence? or is it designed for you to go to the dealer to get tires and they reset it for you? Can't believe it.

Thanks....

Old 09-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Default 08 endeavor TPMS

my TPMS light was on, truck under warranty still. dropped it off at dealer, they said it's pretty sensitive & air pressure needs to be at like 32-34 PSI. when i picked up truck, tires were at 34 PSI & no TPMS light on.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Default 2006 Mitsubishi Galant LS

Where are the tire sensors located? in the tire or outside it somewhere? IS this something I can change myself or will it have to go to a tire store or dealership?? Mine came on a month ago -- sometimes steady, sometimes flashing. I have checked air pressure and they are all at 33 psi. Light went off for a day, back on steady. Someone said it might be a weak battery??

Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 AM

I've got a flashing TPMS light now as well.

Here's the story: the TPMS light had been on for more than a year because one of the tires was missing a TPMS. So I bought a new one and had a local Discount Tire put it on, the light stayed on after a lot of driving, so I went back and they reset it or flashed it or did something that made the TPMS light turn off. One day later, the light starts flashing, I take it back to Discount Tire and they tell me that since it's flashing, only the dealership can deal with it now. So I'm stuck with a TPMS light flashing in my face everytime I drive...

Anyone know how much the dealership charges to take a look at this? Could it possibly be something simple that just needs a system reset? Does the dealership charge an insane $100 or something just to diagnose the problem? I'm at 108k miles on my '04 AWD and out of warranty.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 AM

My dealer charged a $90 diagnostic fee to tell me which 2 sensors were faulty. I had a good idea which ones they were, as I tested the system and let air out of each tire, one at a time, spare included. 3 of the tires caused the light to stop flashing and stay on until I filled them back up, and the 2 that did not go to a constant light were the 2 that the dealer confirmed were faulty. You can try this method yourself (don't forget to test the spare) and maybe save the diagnostic fee, but the sensor replacement and system reset is a dealer only fix....at least that is what I was told by my tire store and the dealer.

just an FYI...my dealer tried to tell me that the sensors were $144 each, but a quick online search and I found them for $68 shipped from www.mitsubishipartscenter.com. I showed the dealer the web site, which listed MSRP at $77, and they matched the $77 MSRP price. It will save you some money to know which sensors are causing the problem, and what they cost before heading to the dealer.

Out the door cost for me was a little over $440 for 2 sensors, diagnostics, labor, and system reset

good luck

Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Default TPMS Light

I have decided that I don't need the tire pressure light and have ignored it. Next time I get tires, they can remove the sensors all together. It is for people who don't know how to keep their tires properly inflated and need a reminder. I don't.

I priced them out -- $45 to $50 each to replace them and they have to be replaced at either a tire store or the dealership -- which will just add more cost.

Tire sensor light is going away!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Y'all need to stay away from the dealership. If the TPMS is going off after just replacing a tire, then you need to turn around and go back to them. They are notorious for breaking those sensors.

Next time don't go to the dealership, unless you enjoy spending money.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Talking Flashing TPMS light fix

Place one small, neatly cut piece of black electrical tape on the plexi screen. Problem solved, but of course, remember to look at your tires from time to time. Saved hundreds! lol...

Quick Reply: 2004 Endeavor TPMS light flashing?