Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Check Engine Light- Gas Cap Loose?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Default Check Engine Light- Gas Cap Loose?!

Hi,

I have a 2005 Endeavor, brand new. The check engine came on. I brought it to the dealer. They say the cap was not on properly. So I make sure that it clicks three times next time I fill up. After a few days, The check engine light comes on again. SO I return it again to the dealer, and they tell me the same thing- I explain to them that I turned the cap till it clicked three times. They claim that it's not enough- I need to push the cap in, and turn it until it stops moving. I've been driving different makes and models (including Mits.) for 20 years and never heard of this. Anyway, this time I filled it up and tried their suggestion- but the cap never stops turning- it just keeps clicking, which is what every other gas cap I've ever used would do.

Anyone experience this? Do I have a sensor problem here or are they right about the gas cap?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Old 04-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Default RE: Check Engine Light- Gas Cap Loose?!

My wife had this problem on the 2004 Endeavor. She'd left the cap off accidently, brought it in to the dealer. A $70 lesson! We haven't had a repeat of this problem. Maybe you need a replacement cap, or air is leaking into the fuel system upstream of the fuel pump.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Default Check Engine Light- Gas Cap Loose?!

I have a 2006 Endeavor and have had the same problem. My light would not stay off so I had to replace the gas cap. I am starting to have the same problem again. Seems like Mitsubishi may have a problem here if others are experiencing the same issue.

I have never had this type of problem with any other vehicle I have owned.