Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Endeavor XLS Audio Head & Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Default RE: Endeavor XLS Audio Head & Ipod

I need to know how to remove the radio (6 cd changer) from my 06 Galant. Would someone please send me instructions? The information has been helpful here so far.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:55 PM

I think you can just pull on the Fascia. That part of the car basically snaps together. My Endeavor pulls right off. Then the actual changer is held in place by 4 screws.

BE CAREFUL, not to unlplug anything you dont have too. The SRS light could come on if you do it wrong and then you have to take it in to have it reset (just made that mistake myself).

Old 01-02-2008, 11:50 PM

PINGMAN, RMUDBUGS - I just went thru this exact issue...2004 Endeavor, 6 disc Infinity. Purchased MZ360135EX cable only to find that i also have the 14-pin connector, NOT the 22-pin as illustrated in the instructions. Went back to Mits dealer and they went thru a ton of manuals and notices and it turns out they could not actually find anything pertaining to the 2004 Endeavor. Actually, let me clarify...they could find nothing that relates to the head unit model # MR570499 Seems 2005 and 2006 have several options, one of which is about $200 and allows the Mits unit to control the iPod with titles on the display, another uses some "box" for about $50 and then there is our little $20 cable. i was willing to try some of these other options to see what works but they would not guarantee that I could bring back unneeded parts.[:@]

Anyway I have the odd 14-pin connector (6 pins on top row separated with 2 "spaces" and 8 pins on bottom row. My pins 12 thru 14 are open on that middle odd connector. I plan to try this this coming weekend. Wish me luck and have the fire extinguishers ready Honest - f anyone has a red flag please post telling me NOT to do this.

[IMG][/IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z215/les017/IMG_1307.jpg

Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 PM

and here is my cable. Thanks for all of the great info here. maybe this will not all work out, but without you guys I doubt I would have gotten off the ground at all [sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 01-06-2008, 11:17 PM

Well, I tried it. DO NOT have the 22-pin connector like shown in the instructions that came with the 3-pin to 3.5mm jack stated...instead I have the 14-pin connector as shown for the other vehicles without 6-disc changer.

THAT diagram shows to use pins 12 thru 14 so I did...in all possible combinations. No dice...bummer. On the good side, doing this did not catch anything on fire or cause any additional issues and everything went back together fine. I have one last gasp...found another Mits dealer semi-locally and word has it that the service manager is a whiz-bang audio guy. I will be checking with him tomorrow.

On the other hand I can report that the Alpine ex-10 that I installed has a pretty damn good FM transmitter and the audio is probably about as good as I have EVER heard via FM trans. Still would be nice to be able to take it's audio out straight in to the head unit.

I'll let you all know what/iff I find anything with this service manager

Old 01-07-2008, 04:08 PM

Alrighty - got a hold of the Service Manager I mentioned. Told him about our odessy and his immediate reaction was "that won't work on Endeavor prior to 06". The 3-pin to audio cable that we are trying to use, according to this guy, is for the Outlander and a couple other vehicles with Infinity system.

He says that for our Endeavor...2004 thru 2006 with Inifinity 6-disc....we need the module that connects to the head unit via that S-Vid-looking connector.

$200 [:@] But I am going to try it...assuming they will agree to take it back if it doesn't work. Keep in mind, this module does NOT allow the steering control to run the iPod...it simply gives you an audio IN

Mits Part # MZ607411EX
Any one that know's of an issue with this please let me know before I go to all the trouble

Old 01-08-2008, 02:22 PM

Do you have the Nav system.

We tried to put that in an 07 Endeovor with Nav and never could get it to work. Good luck and let us know.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: 4mer4runner

Alrighty - got a hold of the Service Manager I mentioned. Told him about our odessy and his immediate reaction was "that won't work on Endeavor prior to 06". The 3-pin to audio cable that we are trying to use, according to this guy, is for the Outlander and a couple other vehicles with Infinity system.

He says that for our Endeavor...2004 thru 2006 with Inifinity 6-disc....we need the module that connects to the head unit via that S-Vid-looking connector.

$200 [:@] But I am going to try it...assuming they will agree to take it back if it doesn't work. Keep in mind, this module does NOT allow the steering control to run the iPod...it simply gives you an audio IN

Mits Part # MZ607411EX
Any one that know's of an issue with this please let me know before I go to all the trouble
Ok since there isn't any clear answer for the 04 XLS Endeavors with the Infiniti headunit with the built in 6 disc changer.

I bought the Mitsubishi Ipod adapter PART#MZ607411EX .

My headunit part# according to my VIN# by several Mitsu dealers in the Orlando area is MN15160 and none of them could find or verify if the Ipod adapter would work with that headunit. I went ahead and bought the adapter and proceeded to install it.

IT WORKS! Very easy install, just didn't expect to remove so many pieces of the interior just to install the adapter. Connect the Ipod and hit the "CD" button 2x's to access the Ipod interface. You press either the CD disc buttons 5 and 6 to shift through the albums and per 100 tracks. You just connect the Ipod, no functions are done through the Ipod itself. All track and volume adjustments are done on the Mitsu headunit and the steering controls work to adjust volume and scan through the tracks.

Just to touch base again. This was on my fiances 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS with the Infiniti system with the built in 6 disc changer in the headunit. The headunit part#MN15160.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 PM

I know this thread is OLD as DIRT but i've been going around for about 6mo.s trying to figure out a solution.

I own a 05' Galant GTS and my radio looks just like the one on 4mer4runner's picture above.
The only difference is that my model reads MN-141260.

So in the case that the "only" logical solution would be to buy the $200 harness or cable or whatever it is . . .

IS this the same one?
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/cart/?pn=MZ607411EX

If it is can anybody post a picture of it?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:46 AM

here's the picture if you want it how's $125.00 shipping.

Quick Reply: Endeavor XLS Audio Head & Ipod