Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

hello all, endeavor with A/C problem/question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Default hello all, endeavor with A/C problem/question

first, hello everyone, and thanks for looking/answering my question

i been doing residential/commercial heating and cooling a/c repairs for 32 years

my 04-1/2 mitsubishi endeavor has a problem with the a/c

fan works, but won't cool, when i push compressor button in green light comes on but compressor won't run, then after a few minutes, the green light starts flashing, i hooked gauges up to the low side and have static reading of 100psi therefore obviously there is gas in the system, i did check the 15 amp fuse and its good, i see there is a relay in the fuse box but i am not sure where to start diagnosing at this point, what would experts recommend i do next

thanks in advance for any help

Old 05-28-2012, 08:55 AM

in addition/clarification to my first post, the compressor clutch is not engaging the compressor is not spinning

Old 05-28-2012, 11:36 AM

come on guys i have gave the past 5 years to helping people on the internet this time i need help, please!!!!!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 AM

check the clutch cycle switch on the reciever/drier and make sure the wire to the compressor is hooked up

Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 AM

My 2004 Endeavor is experiening the exact same issue, owners manual says compressor issue, and see dealer.

Any update on the problem from original poster, or anyone else?

thanks,

DD

Old 01-30-2018, 12:25 PM
Default Well...

Just wondering if you ever figured anything out. I had an issue with the blower motor and replaced that. Then the ac started blowing hot I checked everything coolant an antifreeze and recharged it... my ac light will stay solid and after a few start flashing also. And the manual is 💩!

Old 06-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Default Same issues

The ac light flashes in mine, no real air blowing out of vents for heat or cool. Has anyone changed the transistor relay thing inside and behind the glove box? I've seen some videos on YouTube and that seems to fix their same problems and is the cheapest fix too.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:00 PM

Hi. Did you ever figure out solution?
Run a bypass wire to compressor clutch,12v kicks in and compressor runs,trace it back to relay.
Do rad fans come on with A/C switch?
Relay is fairly cheap ( Rockauto), and as you know, they do get 'tired'.
Please post your fix, if you found it.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:15 PM
Default Hey there

Originally Posted by whilst01
Hi. Did you ever figure out solution?
Run a bypass wire to compressor clutch,12v kicks in and compressor runs,trace it back to relay.
Do rad fans come on with A/C switch?
Relay is fairly cheap ( Rockauto), and as you know, they do get 'tired'.
Please post your fix, if you found it.
.Thank you for messaging back.
I changed the transistor relay thing behind the glove compartment and the blower motor and found out that the power wire to the blower motor was loose, so still no cold air, but now have blowing air.
I think I'm going to have to replace my compressor motor because the clutch isn't engaging. The belt spins on the pulley, and I can spin the clutch with my hand, but it never spins on it's own.

Old 08-16-2020, 03:15 PM
Default A/C inop

Hi. Figure this out?
Have you checked compressor clutch clearance- this is a problem on high mileage Volvos.
Cheap fix was to shim it with bread clips, twist ties and or glue.
Too much clearance results in no or weak pull in to engage compressor.
Especially when it gets hot.
HTH.

Quick Reply: hello all, endeavor with A/C problem/question