Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

hello all, endeavor with A/C problem/question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 06:24 PM

hi all, new here. 2005 mitsi endeavor, well my problem is, blower works great in any speed. my compressor runs when turned on. I get heat all the time. hooked up gages, and was around 35 on low side, but high side was almost pegged pressure it was so high. also low side tube barely cool, high side tube, not hot but cool. seems like no Freon flow. heater will not turn off. is there a valve to shut off water, and one to turn off a/c. like the car, got it from my late step daughter. can anyone help?
mike h.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:07 PM

Hi, like most cars these days, they operate with a "blend" door.
This is a flap that directs airflow either through the heater core or evaporator for A/C.
Motor for that is bad or linkage is broken, or no signal to move it.
Coolant is always flowing through the heater core.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:11 PM

As for the A/C pressures, looks like a blockage somewhere. Orifice tube,condenser,etc.
Evacuate system, change receiver/dryer and orifice tube.
Vacuum and fill. Then see what you have...

Old 08-13-2021, 10:56 AM
Default a/c problems

thanks guys, will start by looking at blend door , then drain system and pull vac.. when my daughter got the car, she had good a/c. but when it got cold out no heat. one of her friends did something and got heat, now cant get rid of heat. again thanks to all;
mikeh

Old 08-15-2021, 10:35 AM

Blend door: no airflow over evap, so no/little heat transfer. Hi pressure...
My .02.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mhutch4848
thanks guys, will start by looking at blend door , then drain system and pull vac.. when my daughter got the car, she had good a/c. but when it got cold out no heat. one of her friends did something and got heat, now cant get rid of heat. again thanks to all;
mikeh
'07 Endeavor A/C stopped blowing cold and A/C light started flashing. After reading this thread I was worried I had a pretty significant problem but decided to just go ahead and try a recharge anyway. And that was all that was wrong, just needed a recharge. Working perfect now. Looking at the very first post in this thread about the guy who has been working on A/C's for a long time, he stated that he had a static pressure reading if 100 psi?? Isn't that way over the limit. When I first connected the recharge hose and turned the car on with A/C at max, my pressure was reading the same but soon realized that the A/C light was still flashing at that point so I went in the car and pushed the A/C button to make it solid and the pressure went down to show it needed a recharge. Not saying this was the problem at all but isn't 100 psi way too high of a reading? Just wondering if he was maybe reading it like I was initially with the light still flashing meaning the compressor had not kicked on yet.

Old 05-11-2022, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Caudill
The ac light flashes in mine, no real air blowing out of vents for heat or cool. Has anyone changed the transistor relay thing inside and behind the glove box? I've seen some videos on YouTube and that seems to fix their same problems and is the cheapest fix too.
i sat in a flood for months thinking it was from snow or rain,After my ac/ heat finally blew, i replaced the blower which then gave me ice cold air and blasting heat but only worked on high.Good enough for me

Old 05-11-2022, 01:06 PM

Yes,too high*. IF, reading just 'static' not turned on, it could be.
Pressures will equalize hi & low after shutdown and some time.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:29 PM
Default Air Conditioner blowing warm.

So after replacing the heat skin behind the glove box, when I would call for cooling my A/C light would flash green and clutch looked like it would try to cycle on twice before it would do, so checked for leaks found no leaks. Replaced compressor now when I call for A/C nothing even happens with the clutch and the light doesn't flash either. What may be the next option? Yes all wires are connected. Yes put system in vacuum before refilling. Yes let system sit in vacuum for 15 minutes to see if there was any leaks.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:52 PM
Default No A/C

Originally Posted by NoseCos
So after replacing the heat skin behind the glove box, when I would call for cooling my A/C light would flash green and clutch looked like it would try to cycle on twice before it would do, so checked for leaks found no leaks. Replaced compressor now when I call for A/C nothing even happens with the clutch and the light doesn't flash either. What may be the next option? Yes all wires are connected. Yes put system in vacuum before refilling. Yes let system sit in vacuum for 15 minutes to see if there was any leaks.
Hi. I'assume' the compressor AND clutch were replaced at same time...?
No light / clutch engagement points to "no power" to clutch. Again, assuming it's a new clutch as well.

Quick Reply: hello all, endeavor with A/C problem/question