Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

HELP! Center Console Customization

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:41 AM
Default HELP! Center Console Customization

Hey everyone, I am not super-familiar with customizations so I was hoping to possibly get some advice..

I have a 2004 Endeavor LTD

As everyone probably knows, the center console is crap because it is a one piece cover, which hiders the easiness to replace the audio receiver with something better or newer.

I have a couple of questions:

How much would it cost (generally speaking) to get a new center console cover molding so that I can utilize the 2-dins (I think) that are already being used behind it? I've seen some other pictures of other people that have done mods to their center console; howver, I am finding it hard to ask them. (I went to cardomain.com)

Where can I get a receiver that is SURE to fit? I already went to crutchfield to check out a few things and found some that supposedly fits; however, they also say: "Video receivers with flip-out monitors may not work in this vehicle because of the configuration of the factory dash."

Are there actually 2-dins that I can possibly fill?

How would the center display/clock be affected? I have the Limited version so that center console display is the upgraded version. I also have a 2004 Galant LS, which I was able to switch out the receiver. Will there be an "E Com" message like the Galant and cause problems with the other integrated controls like HVAC and such?

Also, if anyone has any advice, that would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/12862/7AE6B91F4C374227AB162BB230BD2E8D.jpg[/IMG]