Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

My Sexy Utility Vehicle (SUV) upgrades! Xbox, neon, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Default My Sexy Utility Vehicle (SUV) upgrades! Xbox, neon, etc.

I have made some pretty swank vehicle upgrades since I got my endeavor SUV. I bought it 1 yr old, the guy
I bought it from already added some really nice chrome side skid rails and chrome grills around the lights. Sharp.
He also added some really sharp rims and low profile tires (20"). See pic. Inside he added a dvd drop down with
wireless headphones. Also upgraded audio and a new subwoofer and amp that sits in the truck.

I hooked up an xbox. I didnt use an inverter. I replaced the 120v power supply in the xbox with an OPUS 12v
DC-DC supply. I.e. this supply directly powers the motherboard from the car battery. (Required some power cable
modding.) The OPUS power supply is meant for auto install, so it
is aware of when the car is on-off and turns the xbox on-off accordingly. I also modded the xbox (x3 mod chip),
upgraded the hard drive with an 80gig laptop hard drive. Had to use the laptop hard drive since the DC-DC power
supply took up more space than the orig 120v power supply and the normal xbox hard drive wouldnt fit. Hard drive
and power supply is now side mounted inside the xbox case. The xbox now plugs directly into the car battery and
ACC power (so it knows when the car is on). The xbox invisibly hooks into the drop down dvd player. I also wired
in the wireless xbox module so my xbox can get on wireless 804.11g. I have xbox media center installed on the xbox
and will soon have linux on it so I can surf the web and use it like a pc. Why an xbox? I have the MS XDK, source code
to xbox media center, etc, hope to add GPS nav and xm radio to it once I get around to it.

Added the blue led wiper spouts. Just added the neon underbody kit but running into a wiring problem with the 12v
source (see prev post.)

C

Old 02-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Default RE: My Sexy Utility Vehicle (SUV) upgrades! Xbox, neon, etc.

cant see the pics but it sounds like you gotta helluva 230 horsepower xbox