Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Passenger Side Window Problems

Old 08-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Default Passenger Side Window Problems

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to read this long post...

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor. When I got into it a few weeks ago, the passenger side window started to roll down on it’s own. I tried to stop it using the drivers side window switch and once I did it, the window did stop but would not roll back up. I let the switch go and the window proceeded to roll all the way down, and would not go back up.

I immediately thought it was the window regulator as I’ve done them before. So I bought a new one, and installed it. The new regulator was about half way, and as soon as I connected the power, it rolled all the way down, making the normal window roll down sound, and would not go back up. When I tried rolling the window back up, I could hear the motor clicking every time I tried rolling it back up, but it will not go back up. I also noticed that the window motor was hot. Too hot to touch without getting burned. So that tells me that the window will go down and that there is a malfunction that is telling the window to always go down, almost like someone is there holding the switch down all the time causing it to overheat. Sound Plausible?

So, I did some research on the Internet and discovered that the window switch seems to be the culprit, more specifically the driver’s side switch. I discovered this link here, which sound exactly what I’m dealing with.

My power windows will go down but not up on my 2006 mitsubishi - JustAnswer

I went into Mitsubishi and bought the drivers switch. Nothing. Same as it was before. The guy at Mitsubishi said that he stocks the drivers side, but rarely sells the passenger side switch. He said that besides the switch, the wiring harness seems to go out on these cars. I looked at the wiring yesterday when I had the regulator out, but I’m not so sure I want to start taking the wiring apart in the door/cabin.

So now I’m stuck. I’ve tried a new regulator, and a new switch. My only two options are the passenger side switch or that harness. The harness is about 200.00 and the passenger side switch I would assume is a bit less than the drivers side which cost me 160.00 yesterday.

Before I start throwing more money into this thing, has anyone had this sort of issue and do you have any input that would lead me in the right direction? Right now the window is propped all the way up using a piece of wood, but obviously that is not ideal, and I want to get this fixed soon. I’m guessing it’s the passenger side switch, as the new regulator did roll down after hooking up power, and the new drivers switch did the same thing as the old one, but I’m not doing too well just guessing at this point.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:55 PM

passenger side switch ebay