Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Poor Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Default Poor Gas Mileage

I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor with 48,000 miles on it. My gas mileage has been very poor lately and I am unable to figure out why. I am getting about 12-14 mpg in town and 16-17 mpg on the highway. Most of my driving is done in town and I do let it warm up in the mornings when it is cold outside for five or so minutes. I have not had my sparks plugs changed and wonder if that might help? I spoke with the dealership and was told I should be getting at least 19 mpg. My tire pressure is good and I have a newer K&N Air Filter on.

Also, what type of gas does everyone use? I almost always use premium but there have been times when regular was used

Thanks.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by ashleyn
I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor with 48,000 miles on it. My gas mileage has been very poor lately and I am unable to figure out why. I am getting about 12-14 mpg in town and 16-17 mpg on the highway. Most of my driving is done in town and I do let it warm up in the mornings when it is cold outside for five or so minutes. I have not had my sparks plugs changed and wonder if that might help? I spoke with the dealership and was told I should be getting at least 19 mpg. My tire pressure is good and I have a newer K&N Air Filter on.

Also, what type of gas does everyone use? I almost always use premium but there have been times when regular was used

Thanks.
I too have been experiencing poor gas mileage. I am now averaging 13 miles per gallon but a couple of years ago it was more like 17-19 miles per gallon. I maintenance my vehicle regularly and have not changed my driving habits (lot of city). When available, I purchase premium gasoline. Doesn't help. Very disappointing. I do have an appointment with my local dealer because of a fuel system recall and I plan to inquire about this issue.

http://www.cars.com/go/recalls/rclMa...s&aff=national

FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY:FILLER PIPE AND CAP (issued in 2010)
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY (issued in 2008)
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION (issued in 2008)
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTSISC:CALIPER (issued in 2006)
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:MASTER CYLINDER (issued in 2005)
PARKING BRAKE (issued in 2005)