Remove AWD Transfer Case - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:32 PM

Default Remove AWD Transfer Case

04 Endeavour, do I need to remove the drivers side CV axel to remove the transfer case? I have everything out on the passenger side and the transfer case only came out about 1/4 inch, I did not use much force as I did not want to damage it.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:13 PM

I'll answer my own question, yes you have to remove both sides, it doesn't make sense to me but that is what you have to do. Hats off to the guys that do this for a living, this job was a major pain in the. I was swapping transfer cases from a wrecked endeavour to one that had a bad case. I ruined a bearing hub because the axel took major force to remove it. After removing the puller I checked the runout and it was .006 some other little things were also damaged, oh well. I will replace both axels both bearings and new rotors. The rear drive shaft needs a new U joint, does anyone have any suggestions ?, thanks.