Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

05 evo VS 07 mazdaspeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Default 05 evo VS 07 mazdaspeed 3

ok so my buddy is getting a mazdaspeed 3 nextweek after waiting six months or so for his car, well he is convinced that he's gonna own me, well i know for a fact i can get him from a stop but do you think I have a chance at a roll??? I have driven the mazdaspeed 6 and that car seemed pretty quick, but have horrible traction for an all wheel drive car, that car slid all over the place on a course, sorry to change the point, well the same motor and drivetrain are in the speed 3, so for the car being lightier and only fwd there is less loss of power plus its gonna pull better once up to speed........ well i dont know what to expect. We are gonna get someone to video us and we are gonna get a bunch of races in, from a stop and roll, oh plus we wanna the speed limiter...lol...155 oh yeah. So just curious to think what you guys have to say on how well or bad you think my car will do.

Old 11-11-2006, 03:17 AM
Default RE: 05 evo VS 07 mazdaspeed 3

If the power is the same in the 3 as the speed6 you will lose the highway roll race prob but from a stop you should OWN

Old 11-11-2006, 10:03 PM

from what i hear they detuned the speed 3 a bit so it didnt affect the speed 6 sales. but yeah i figure from a stop i should beat him good, ill post the vids when i get them, he's gotta do the break in period before he beats on the car.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:25 PM

What year is the MazdaSpeed 3? I would be really curious to know the results if both cars race from a roll; make sure you post back after you race him. The 2007 MazdaSpeed 3 does a listed time of 0-60 in 5.8 and quarter mile in 14.4 whereas your 2005 Evo does a listed time of 0-60 in 4.8 and the quarter mile in 13.3. You both going to be stock?

Old 12-03-2006, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: XTREME

What year is the MazdaSpeed 3? I would be really curious to know the results if both cars race from a roll; make sure you post back after you race him. The 2007 MazdaSpeed 3 does a listed time of 0-60 in 5.8 and quarter mile in 14.4 whereas your 2005 Evo does a listed time of 0-60 in 4.8 and the quarter mile in 13.3. You both going to be stock?
thats what I was trying to say is no way his evo should lose but he hasnt replied back so who knows

Old 12-03-2006, 09:49 PM

I did reply at first, i isaid from a roll he miight get me cause if you look at the stats of both cars his car starts picking up the pace once its going, from a stop i shpuld kill him if i launch properly,from what i hear from a roll our cars are a little slower cause of the awd=more power loss. So far he has got a bov and is planning on doing a cai, then when he comes across more money he'll do as much as he can. For me Im pretty much stock, all I have done is a bov, and got the adaptor for the maf to put a injen filter on it. Thats all im doing to this car, i wanna try to keep the warranty intact on this car. Unfortunately we probably wont be able to get the results till next year cause the weather in chicago iis very crappy, we got like 6 to 10 inches of snow a couple days ago. He has his car already put away for the winter, mine will be driven all year. Like I said though i win or lose I'll have videos here of us racing plus we are gonna see both our cars do 155 hee hee. Hopefully though he wont do too many mods this winter cause i wanna see what we do pretty much stock.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:52 PM

youll win stock vs stock. if you add a few mods youll stay ahead. the EVOS really come alive with exhaust and a good tune its well worth the money

Old 12-04-2006, 12:52 AM

if i were to get a tune what would you recommened?? I would rather get a dyno tune but I dont know of any place near me that dynos awd cars. Oh one other question, what is the power split on the evo? Is it 50/50?

Old 12-04-2006, 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

if i were to get a tune what would you recommened?? I would rather get a dyno tune but I dont know of any place near me that dynos awd cars. Oh one other question, what is the power split on the evo? Is it 50/50?
50 front 50 rear. The ACD doesnt change that either all that the ACD changes is the time where the Diffs lock.

I would get a mail in reflash first but if you are to do that make sure you get a few mods prior like a full exhaust and a BOV maybe at the least. youll be looking at about 50 AWHP gain after all that stuff maybe a little better than that even

Old 12-04-2006, 02:22 AM

damn thats a pretty good gain for minimal mods, well im gonna have to think about how far I wanna go with this car, with my mustang i didnt stop till I broke it, i was at 320hp to the wheels on that v6, it was crazy, but i paid for it too, i spent a ton of money on that car, thats what I traded for the evo when i broke the stang, I always wanted an evo, so now that I got it I dont really know If i want to ruin it. I know me and its a never ending deal wanting more power, 10 bucks here, 3000 bucks there, it just turns nasty. I really have to think about it. I was planning on keeping this car for a long time, but who knows that might change, once i get started i dont stop....hee hee

Quick Reply: 05 evo VS 07 mazdaspeed 3