Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Default RE: Blow off valve

the JDM MR DV is like half as much as those and holds the same max PSI that is why I stand behind it. Im all about saveing money and getting good modds

Old 02-14-2006, 06:01 PM

im using a hks dump valve , and im running 350 bhp , in a 2001 evo 7 ..
and ive had no problems what so ever , .... hope this helps..

Old 02-24-2006, 10:24 PM

are the the blowoff valves the same,as far for being loud?and whats a loud one?

Old 02-24-2006, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: _/_/_/bimmer

are the the blowoff valves the same,as far for being loud?and whats a loud one?
you dont want a loud one. If you vent it you will make any BOV loud but it will make your car runn horrible so recirclateing is a good odea and that means it isnt as loud but with an intake it is very noticeable still. just search the BOV thing we have a few LONG disscussions about venting Versus recirculating and explaing what it means and why one is good and the other isnot

Old 02-25-2006, 03:25 PM

Plus if u want to go Vented u have to buy a this little regulator that makes sure u don't stall when ur ideling, so yeah it's definatly a good idea to get the recirulating kit cuase it's less headache.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:16 PM

can you hear any of the BOV w/o going vented thats all i really want.a year or so i would like turbo upgrade,as for now i just want to hear that BOV sound if i have to il get the venting setup i dont want the headache.what BOV should i go wiht/what are you guys working with?

Old 02-25-2006, 06:46 PM

can you hear any of the BOV w/o going vented thats all i really want.a year or so i would like turbo upgrade,as for now i just want to hear that BOV sound if i have to il get the venting setup i dont want the headache.what BOV should i go wiht/what are you guys working with?
I am still on my stock BOV if you get an intake you can hear it just fine. people can hear it from a distance away still. I strongly recomend not to vent your BOV cause the car will still and run like *** and it will be slower and have more turbo lag.

The popular EVO BOVs are Greddy Type s or JDM MR DV they both hold boost well and sound better than stock. Just buy an intake and you will hear your BOV and youll be happy. I know my stock intake you could barley hear it at all and after the new intake went on I was surprised it was alot louder and the turbo spooled and sounded alot louder

Old 03-11-2006, 03:07 PM

I am still on my stock BOV if you get an intake you can hear it just fine. people can hear it from a distance away still. I strongly recomend not to vent your BOV cause the car will still and run like *** and it will be slower and have more turbo lag.

The popular EVO BOVs are Greddy Type s or JDM MR DV they both hold boost well and sound better than stock. Just buy an intake and you will hear your BOV and youll be happy. I know my stock intake you could barley hear it at all and after the new intake went on I was surprised it was alot louder and the turbo spooled and sounded alot louder
[/quote]

are you sure the car would run like ***,a lil flutter is ok but not run like ***.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:29 PM

are you sure the car would run like ***,a lil flutter is ok but not run like ***.
[/quote]
with a vented BOV your car will run bad. at idle the RPMs bounce up and down. the turbo lags more after shifts it stumbles when you stop and nearly stalls sometimes it might stall, you cant go 1\4 - 3\4 throttle only all or nothing because inbetween the car bill buck up and down

Old 03-11-2006, 06:22 PM

with a vented BOV your car will run bad. at idle the RPMs bounce up and down. the turbo lags more after shifts it stumbles when you stop and nearly stalls sometimes it might stall, you cant go 1\4 - 3\4 throttle only all or nothing because inbetween the car bill buck up and down
[/quote]

check,no BOV .well why do hear BOVs on stock cars??? is it something for a turbo upgrade? and today was the first warm i got with the car. cruzing and could hear the stock BOV for the first time too some im looking itnto intakes im thinking HKS.

Quick Reply: Blow off valve