Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Default RE: Blow off valve

ORIGINAL: _/_/_/bimmer

with a vented BOV your car will run bad. at idle the RPMs bounce up and down. the turbo lags more after shifts it stumbles when you stop and nearly stalls sometimes it might stall, you cant go 1\4 - 3\4 throttle only all or nothing because inbetween the car bill buck up and down

check,no BOV .well why do hear BOVs on stock cars??? is it something for a turbo upgrade? and today was the first warm i got with the car. cruzing and could hear the stock BOV for the first time too some im looking itnto intakes im thinking HKS.
[/quote]
No you need the BOV but if you vent the BOV to the atmosphere you will run bad. the BOV releases air on our cars that has been counted so it releases it back into the intake before the turbo so that wa the motor still gets that air since it was already accounted for. If you vent you BOV it releases the air out into the atmosphere (not into the intake) and because you are not sending that air back into the intake and it has been counted for the motor gets extra fuel and not enough air which causes it to stumble.

That is why why you add and intake to the car the BOV gets alot louder since the BOV is rleasing into the intake. I Hope you can make sence of that

Old 03-11-2006, 07:44 PM

who has a BOV thats loud and vents back to the intake??

Old 03-11-2006, 08:03 PM

who has a BOV thats loud and vents back to the intake??
if you have an aftermarket intake it will be alot louder than it is with the stock airbox...even the stock BOV is pretty loud. But everyone likes for aftermarket the Greddy Type S and the JDM MR DV (which is a stock BOV on the JDM MR)

Old 03-11-2006, 09:24 PM

THANX, i'll get the intake 1st and see how that sounds. ok 1 more Emonz,would you say the Greddy is as loud as the BLITZ ???

Old 03-11-2006, 11:25 PM

THANX, i'll get the intake 1st and see how that sounds. ok 1 more Emonz,would you say the Greddy is as loud as the BLITZ ???
I have never heeard blitz not many peole use them...Greddy is loud and whistles (same one from Fast and furious on the green eclipse) Except the green eclipse was venting

Old 03-13-2006, 10:04 PM

Blitz is pretty well known but I've never heard and Evo with one.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: skyline

Blitz is pretty well known but I've never heard and Evo with one.
Blitz is well known but not for their BOV... Not many turbo guys use it.. I dont know If I have ever seen a car with one.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:21 AM

this kid i work with has blitz vented,its loud as hell with the intake but he said it does flutter but "thinks" its just as fast as stock was. i just want the 2 hear the BOV with out any probs.
im sure if i get the intake i still wont be happy with the stock BOV so i'll give greddy a call at the end of this week if you could think of any thing better let me know Emonz

Old 03-14-2006, 01:33 AM

this kid i work with has blitz vented,its loud as hell with the intake but he said it does flutter but "thinks" its just as fast as stock was. i just want the 2 hear the BOV with out any probs.
im sure if i get the intake i still wont be happy with the stock BOV so i'll give greddy a call at the end of this week if you could think of any thing better let me know Emonz
If you vent you will have problems... With an intake any BOV is loud enough to be heard from a good distance. Greddy Types S is gonna be louder than stock. as would any BOV even if it is dumped into the intake like it should. He is a liar if he thinks the Blitz is the same as stock unless he was talking performance. I mean you wont feel a difference unless you are running 21PSI or more

Old 03-14-2006, 02:14 AM

Emonz you should start a soud clip post of all the exhaust and BOVs.

Quick Reply: Blow off valve